Mrspeakers mad dog vs He-400

seoulsoul

is mrspeakers mad dog hp worth the money compared to HE-400?

comfort is pretty big factor for me as im going to use it for long gaming sessions while listening to music and movies...

are the drivers in both headphones comparable??

If comfort is a big factor stay far away from the HE series. They have extreme clamping force. I have a fairly large head and I had a headache after 15 minutes.

If you have a smaller head you might get away with it but the clamping force will eventually hurt.

Look at HD 600's for comfort at that price range.

hd600 are $100 more expensive and i heared he400 were better sounding than them... maddogs sound very good deal from what all the reviews say.. are they worth the money?? Cheap headphone modded to sound good is kind of risk for me since this  will be first headphone upgrade from my crappy razer headset

The he 400 and hd 600 cost exactly the same.

Just because someone says McDonald's tastes better than Burger King do you believe them? Only you can tell what sounds better. Try both if you can. Keep in mind you will need an amplifier for both headphones.

You can pick up an o2 amp for $115

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/headphone-amps.html

they don't change anything with the fostex drivers do they? just the driver enclosure and pads

they don't change anything with the fostex drivers do they? just the driver enclosure and pads

We (Mayflower Electronics) also do a modification of T50rp just like mad dogs. We have our own modification as well, but yes, it's just a combination of damping materials cotton, accoustic foam, ect ect.

The driver stays 100% in-tact.

@Aphexx

comfort is pretty big factor for me as im going to use it for long gaming sessions while listening to music and movies...

Have you looked at the Shure 1440? Pretty big cups with velour pads, would have thought they would sit nicely on the head. Good reviews too.

Headset