Advanced encrypted usb

Faster_Speeding
Go to solution Solved by Mug,

Fuck that was a co-ordinated effort of both my hands to get it that quick

Anybody know of any good usb flash drives that self encrypt and to decrypt them you need to input a code using buttons that are physically on it and if enter the wrong code it either deletes all the data on it or totally corrupts the data on it or just completely destroy the drive? One that can be used without the use of drivers and presumably would come with a built in firewall to block hacks, etc. If not is there a way to diy something like this or modify a self encrypting usb so it does this? Could be a portable hd drive if there are no usbs that do this*

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Fuck that was a co-ordinated effort of both my hands to get it that quick

Wow, what are you storing on that thing?

Sandisk USBs have got some of it down pretty good.
the encryption ext. But requires the software on every PC you are using.

I think maybe you have been watching to many movies :P, what would you need something like that for? You can use a normal USB with Bitlocker drive encryption and your data will be safe.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Wow, what are you storing on that thing?

Sandisk USBs have got some of it down pretty good.

the encryption ext. But requires the software on every PC you are using.

You can also use Windows Bitlocker but thats for pro/ultimate editions only

I'm just going to be using this for, what I'd call, an overkill password system where I have an encrypted ssd at my house that stores all my passwords as a backup with an encrypted usb flash drive that stores all my passwords that I would always have with me at all time with a Yubikey, if i were to lose either the yubikey or the flash drives I would be able to easily change my passwords actually having them backed and seeing as the data on both the yubikey and the flash drive would be encrypted, I would have time to change all my passwords if I were to lose one or the other and not be giving someone direct access to my passwords. 

I do know that this system is probably not necessary and kind of overkill but still since when was this a place for good enough? And I'm using a yubikey and a usb flash disk because I never liked to use something that was prebuilt and would rather just have all my passwords laid out as text rather than being limited to what yubikey supports (even if a lot of places support it) and I'd rather not just have 1 thing were if it breaks, my passwords are all gone.

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |