Ghost monitor only with NOT an HDMI to DVI cable connected

Chicekake

So here is the rundown. Two seperate computers, monitor A and B is on a seperate one than monitor X and non existant Y.

Monitor X is connected with an HDMI to DVI cable. Monitor A is connected with a standard DVI to DVI. I try to switch the two monitor cables, so monitor A will now be connected to its computer with the HDMI to DVI cable and Monitor X will be connected to its computer with the DVI to DVI cable. Monitor X is now being registered as a secondary monitor, while the primary monitor, Monitor Y, is non existant. When I use the shift + rightclick method of moving a window, in order to move the settings, it is grayed out, so I cannot move it to the secondary, real, monitor. 

I tried to set up a legit two monitor connection between the two, with Monitor B and Monitor X on either (HDMI-DVI IS H-D, and DVI to DVI is D-D) H-D and D-D or D-D or H-D. I even tried using VGA-DVI and such adapters. ZILCH.

Can anyone help me find out what this particular problem is? And how I can possibly solve it?

[CPU] FX 6300 [GPU] Sapphire R9 270X [Mobo] Asrock 970 Extreme 3 [PSU] EVGA 500B [Case] Zalman Z9,worst case ever, [HDD] WD BLUE 1TB [RAM] 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 mhz