PC upgrade

Go to solution Solved by XBL-Revolution,

it's got 4.5 stars so I can't see why not.

Great i shall try it! Thx for everyone's help :) i thought i was gonna get shunned for such the bottleneck my system would have but all turned out well :)

So i bought a GTX 980ti from amazon yesterday and i need to know if i can atleast be able to use it with my setup i know it will be bottlenecked but i am intending to upgrade my other stuff soon! So i need to know if I will be able to run the GTX 980ti and what will be a good upgrade path for my PC (CPU, RAM, Motherboard, etc) I do prefer AMD. 

Current PC Setup:

Mobo: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3.0

Processor: AMD FX-6300

Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Dual Channel DDR3

CPU Cooler: Hyper D92

Storage:

SanDisk SSD Plus 250GB

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Western Digital 2TB Green HDD

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Power Supply: EVGA 600W 80 plus

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series (white with stock fans on it)

It will get bottlenecked by the CPU. You can go intel or wait till zen or get a 8350

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

It will get bottlenecked by the CPU. You can go intel or wait till zen or get a 8350

How bad will it get bottlenecked?

Quite bad using the FX 6300, I would say 20-30% less fps/performance

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

It all depends on the Usage Scenario

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

doesn't matter, any bottleneck is enough to render the extra cash you spend on the card useless

It all depends on the Usage Scenario

Quite bad using the FX 6300, I would say 20-30% less fps/performance

Considering i have already purchased the 980TI and its on the way what would u recommend i upgrade my processor to? AMD is preferred ;)

Considering i have already purchased the 980TI and its on the way what would u recommend i upgrade my processor to? AMD is preferred ;)

Why AMD? Intel's processors atm are much better.

Intel 6700k. If amd then FX 9590 (you never mentioned budget)

Why AMD? Intel's processors atm are much better.

More affordable for me. Also keep in mind my current Mobo uses AM3+ so if i stick with FX Series i will also save money in the mobo. I do know i need to update my modo soon to but i would rather be latter.

That AMD maybe doable any other recommendations in the "budget" side

Dont have a water cooler so it will not be possible my bad :P

Dont need a water cooler, an air cooler like hyper 212 evo is sufficient

It'll be fine with the 6300, at least for now. Sure there will be a bottleneck but only to a minimal amount (losing 5-10 fps compared to something like a 5960x), not the 20/30% less performance that I saw someone else saying. You're better off waiting until you can upgrade to Intel (getting a new mobo + cpu) as the 9590 is not a good CPU by any stretch of imagination.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

plus depending on your mobo the FX-9590 will burn up your mobos VRMs

Dont need a water cooler, an air cooler like hyper 212 evo is sufficient

Looked at the FX 9590 on Newegg it says liquid cooler is required

plus depending on your mobo the FX-9590 will burn up your mobos VRMs

good to know

It'll be fine with the 6300, at least for now. Sure there will be a bottleneck but only to a minimal amount (losing 5-10 fps compared to something like a 5960x), not the 20/30% less performance that I saw someone else saying. You're better off waiting until you can upgrade to Intel (getting a new mobo + cpu) as the 9590 is not a good CPU by any stretch of imagination.

As i stated i have already purchased the 980ti and its on its way as we speak xD so i did screw up big time just needing to know if i will be able to atleast use the 980ti with my setup and PSU.

good to know

As i stated i have already purchased the 980ti and its on its way as we speak xD so i did screw up big time just needing to know if i will be able to atleast use the 980ti with my setup and PSU.

Yeah you'll be quite fine for now. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Yeah you'll be quite fine for now. 

just to confirm for the 9000th time my current setup WILL be able to at least use the 980ti knowing my PSU is @600w the 980ti will still work with all my other parts?

good to know

visit you local power supply calc

http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

my findings say that you psu is fine as long as you have enough pci-e cables

just to confirm for the 9000th time my current setup WILL be able to at least use the 980ti knowing my PSU is @600w the 980ti will still work with all my other parts?

Ohh I sort of glossed over the PSU part, you'd probably want 650+ watts for a 980ti.

That is one helluva bottleneck going on there... I mean at least you'll make full use of the processor right?

Spoiler