Anyone got this GTX 970, if so how hot does it run and how loud?

LokiFire

10100104476l.jpg

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

My MSI card gets to about 60 or less while playing GTA and I think it idles at around 40. I usually boost the fans up to 100 when I have my overclock, but while playing GTA, they automate to ~50%.

Oh I missed "this card". It might run a bit hotter and louder than my MSI card, so idk maybe 40 idle and then get to around 70.

well it is a blower style so it will be pretty loud

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

What is the name of the gpu?

ASUS GTX 970 TURBO OC

It's a blower style so it will be loud and mildly hot i would guess maybe about 60-70 degrees 

It's a blower style so it will be loud and mildly hot i would guess maybe about 60-70 degrees 

Well it's the only worth while GPU upgrade that fit's in my budget vs 390's too, i am going Z97 with a 4690k too so..

1442758859TI3n7Rv0Fc_8_1.gif

I have this coller on my 960. Well it works, but it is pretty loud during load. 

Damn, the next GPU up from this is the R9 390 DD XFX, which is a good card but it OC's badly.

It is indeed pretty loud, but if you are doing any sort of activity that would produce sound while wearing a headset, you will not hear it. I can barely hear it with just the headset on, and if there is any sort of music, gunshots or teamspeak, I cannot hear it at all. I love the temps, clocked at 1516 core and 7908 (Stable in benchmarks, not in games) will give me a max temp of around 65 degrees in Valley and 70 in Heaven. However, I do not have a single fan in my system so it sure as hell is possible to go lower. Any other questions?

Is this the text below my post?

It is indeed pretty loud, but if you are doing any sort of activity that would produce sound while wearing a headset, you will not hear it. I can barely hear it with just the headset on, and if there is any sort of music, gunshots or teamspeak, I cannot hear it at all. I love the temps, clocked at 1516 core and 7908 (Stable in benchmarks, not in games) will give me a max temp of around 65 degrees in Valley and 70 in Heaven. However, I do not have a single fan in my system so it sure as hell is possible to go lower. Any other questions?

I managed to get a 4670k for 150, so i can bump up to the MSI GAMING 390 now.

Well, this is a blower style cooler. Its going to be loud, hot and annoying compared to aftermarket coolers. If you can deal with that then get it. Or if you have a SFF build it would be great for that as well. The trade off is lower temps for components in exchange for noise and heat on the core.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Well, this is a blower style cooler. Its going to be loud, hot and annoying compared to aftermarket coolers. If you can deal with that then get it. Or if you have a SFF build it would be great for that as well. The trade off is lower temps for components in exchange for noise and heat on the core.

I do not know about hot, but it is loud when the fans ramp up.

I do not know about hot, but it is loud when the fans ramp up.

It does typically run warmer than aftermarket if you run the fans like you would an aftermarket card. 50% fan speed on a blower and 50% fan speed on an aftermarket card (in comparison) would result in 10c lower temp on aftermarket. (Just an example.) That's what I noticed when I had a reference 980 Ti before I watercooled it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I have the EVGA 970 with the ACX 2.0 cooler. The fan gets audible once it's over 40% (audible is too much for me; I need silent) temps gets to around 75C with the auto fan profile which is very passive (usually never goes above 35%).

It does typically run warmer than aftermarket if you run the fans like you would an aftermarket card. 50% fan speed on a blower and 50% fan speed on an aftermarket card (in comparison) would result in 10c lower temp on aftermarket. (Just an example.) That's what I noticed when I had a reference 980 Ti before I watercooled it.

That makes a lot more sense now. But if you are willing to sacrifice the silence, this card will not run hot :)

That makes a lot more sense now. But if you are willing to sacrifice the silence, this card will not run hot :)

Especially the VRMs. Since they are located after the main heatsink (which has NO heatpipes) they reach 100*C easily. At 120*C (extended gaming sessions) they start throttling. But that takes a good 4-5 hours.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6