Custom loops problem

I have put together my first watercooling build this week andue finally tried to fill up the loop today. All seemed well up until the fluid would not flow anymore. I believed the pump was unable to make it up the loop at the time, but no matter what way I tilted the case, it never flowed to the cpu block.

Right now I'm wondering if the pump is faulty or something I did with the cpu block went wrong.

While I was building, I got curious when I had to replace the mounting bracket for a better fit for amd and it all fell out. Maybe I put all the parts back in wrong?

Please help. I'm stressing alot over this

post-298313-0-34262600-1451532702.jpg

What pump?
And is the reservoir sideways or just bad image placement?

What pump?

And is the reservoir sideways or just bad image placement?

It's a D5 pwm from EK. Their new reservoir/pump combo.

And yes bad image placement. I'm on my phone (only way to access this site at the moment)

-SNIP-

Are you leaving the res cap open when filling that helps a lot with displacing and removing or air, it sounds like possibly there is an air pocket in the rads, where cracking a capped port to let the air out may fix it.

Are you leaving the res cap open when filling that helps a lot with displacing and removing or air, it sounds like possibly there is an air pocket in the rads, where cracking a capped port to let the air out may fix it.

The rads are also from EK which have no ports except the ones used for the loop, and yes the rest cap was always open while filling.

The rads are also from EK which have no ports except the ones used for the loop, and yes the rest cap was always open while filling.

BTW welcome to the Forums!

You can try doing this but not running the pump of course to see if partially loosening a fitting with a tube on it lets some air out. Another is to cap off the res and lay it on it's side to try and push the air through when running the pump.

BTW welcome to the Forums!

You can try doing this but not running the pump of course to see if partially loosening a fitting with a tube on it lets some air out. Another is to cap off the res and lay it on it's side to try and push the air through when running the pump.

Thank you

I have not tried loosing a fitting yet but I have ran the pump while it is tilted, on its side, or any other direction. I would get some movement but it would go back to its original place when I put it bacm

Thank you

I have not tried loosing a fitting yet but I have ran the pump while it is tilted, on its side, or any other direction. I would get some movement but it would go back to its original place when I put it bacm

Just one thing to note though your outlet from the pump is feeding into the wrong port on your CPU waterblock from the looks of things, they are specific to which one is the inlet and outlet. While it will work backwards the efficiency or cooling will not be as good:

https://shop.ekwb.com/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109800317.pdf

Edited by W-L

Just one thing to note though your outlet from the pump is feeding into the wrong port on your CPU waterblock from the looks of things, they are specific to which one is the inlet and outlet. While it will work backwards the efficiency or cooling will not be as good:

https://shop.ekwb.com/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109800317.pdf

Now I see this.. should have been more patient when I was building. Thank you alot. Life saver