CPU voltage adaptive mode questions

ili199

I have a very stable overclock at 4.4Ghz with 1.134v but the problem is that the CPU and voltage don't go down when i am not using my PC. The tempeture also scales with the load that I put on my pc.

In Linus his overclocking video he has these settings in adaptive mode

post-65045-0-28298000-1451492916_thumb.p

But I don't get the option of Auto mode with "additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage"

151230171524.BMP

May this be the problem I am having?

Thx

the problem is that the CPU and voltage don't go down when i am not using my PC.

And? As you have said yourself,

The tempeture also scales with the load that I put on my pc.

It's perfectly fine to have voltage and frequency up when idle. Heat is only significantly generated when there's load.

Besides, your PC should never be idle anyway.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

And? As you have said yourself,

It's perfectly fine to have voltage and frequency up when idle. Heat is only significantly generated when there's load.

Besides, your PC should never be idle anyway.

That last think is certainly true ;)

But isn't it bad for the lifespan of my CPU to have that high voltage all the time?

That last think is certainly true ;)

But isn't it bad for the lifespan of my CPU to have that high voltage all the time?

As I said, no it's not. Heat is the problem, not the voltage per si. And once again, heat is generated only while there's load.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!