Bad video quality after uploading to youtube! :(

Hey everyone, I made a youtube channel yesterday and uploaded some gameplay videos... and some of them look really bad quality after uploaded to youtube! I choose 1080p and still it looks really bad quality! The video before uploaded to youtube looks great... so basically youtube Downgrades my videos A LOT! I use Vegas pro 13 to edit and render them! After the render videos look great... after upload to youtube.. very BAD! For some reason I think the bad quality comes and goes for some reason... you can see that by looking at a text in the bottom right corner in the video... it looks okay.. then quickly goes really bad quality and later on the same thing! Im really confused! ;/

Here is one of my videos for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2Ued9jGyA

Pls if someone can help... would be great! Thanks everyone :)

YouTube shouldn't be compressing your videos that much, check to see what bitrate you're rendering at. If it's a low bit rate your video will look shitty at any resolution.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Things look fine to me. You may want to tone down the annotations though. Excessive annotations in every corner are annoying.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

They compress the videos quite a bit. My 4K gameplay kinda looks like 1440p.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

What are your export settings?

Moved to OS & Software.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

looks fine to me. youtube takes a little time after uploading to load all the qualities. If you would have just waited 5 minutes you wouldn't have had to advertise your video here huh?

looks fine to me. youtube takes a little time after uploading to load all the qualities. If you would have just waited 5 minutes you wouldn't have had to advertise your video here huh?

First of all... I uploaded this video like 3 hours ago.. second .. I dont think it looks good! Not even close to how it looks when you compare it to other gameplays ;/ For some reason if u look closely at a text .. you can see how it shifts from being okay to really bad quality during the video! I dont know why ;(

Things look fine to me. You may want to tone down the annotations though. Excessive annotations in every corner are annoying.

Okay Ill take down the annotations.. thanks ;) Also... if i compare the video to other gameplays it doesnt look as close as clear as to them... and for some reason if u look closely at a text you can see how the text shifts from being okay to being really bad quality during the video.... i dont know whyyyy ;( 

Are you blind? It doesn't look fine, it's super compressed. And FYI the OP posted this when the video was already in 1080p, so you jumping on his ass about advertising was rather pointless as it appears he actually needs help.

OP, I can't give much help since I'm no video editor, but have you checked your bitrate like someone else mentioned? The one video I did render looked terrible until I upped it.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

YouTube shouldn't be compressing your videos that much, check to see what bitrate you're rendering at. If it's a low bit rate your video will look shitty at any resolution.

When rendering I use VARIABLE BIT RATE: Maximum (bps) 24,000,000 ... Avarage (bps) 12,000,000 .. how is it?

Are you blind? It doesn't look fine, it's super compressed. And FYI the OP posted this when the video was already in 1080p, so you jumping on his ass about advertising was rather pointless as it appears he actually needs help.

OP, I can't give much help since I'm no video editor, but have you checked your bitrate like someone else mentioned? The one video I did render looked terrible until I upped it.

I use VARIABLE BIT RATE: Maximum (bps): 24,000,000 .. Avarage: 12,000,000 .. i use that when rendering with vegas pro .. how is it?

Compression. Try using a higher bitrate and don't handbreak it

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Sorry if I was rude. But when I watched the video I could only get 480p because of my crappy internet and it looked fine for 480p.

When rendering I use VARIABLE BIT RATE: Maximum (bps) 24,000,000 ... Avarage (bps) 12,000,000 .. how is it?

Try switching to a constant bit rate and use like 16bps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Sorry... handbreak it? What do you mean handbreak it? Sorry if its something obvious and im being stupid :D

Try switching to a constant bit rate and use like 16bps

Okay, in the constant bit rate it gives me to write it manually ... do I write 16... or 16,000,000 ? :D Just wanna make sure

Okay, in the constant bit rate it gives me to write it manually ... do I write 16... or 16,000,000 ? :D Just wanna make sure

Probably 16 million.

Probably 16 million.

Okay thanks, just a question... what do I lose if I choose a higher bit-rate? Sorry im new to all of this editing stuffs :D Like if i choose 20 000 000 bit rate .. does that only mean that it will take longer for the videos to render and upload or? thanks :)

Okay thanks, just a question... what do I lose if I choose a higher bit-rate? Sorry im new to all of this editing stuffs :D Like if i choose 20 000 000 bit rate .. does that only mean that it will take longer for the videos to render and upload or? thanks :)

So the higher the bitrate the larger the file you'll end up with, the longer it'll take to render, and the longer it'll take to upload. I use a constant bitrate of 12mbs and my videos come out looking fookin' noice at 4k.

So the higher the bitrate the larger the file you'll end up with, the longer it'll take to render, and the longer it'll take to upload. I use a constant bitrate of 12mbs and my videos come out looking fookin' noice at 4k.

Okay thanks... if your vids are anything related to gaming .. send me a link to your channel pls ;)

Okay thanks... if your vids are anything related to gaming .. send me a link to your channel pls ;)

It's related to Pc's and indirectly gaming :P It's Basement Dweller PC's on YouTube.

It's related to Pc's and indirectly gaming :P It's Basement Dweller PC's on YouTube.

already watching ur vids .. im fast at finding people .. muahahha ... and yes .. you should be afraid ^^ :D

I tryed putting bit rate crazy high .. and the video does look better after render .. but again .. when i upload it to youtube ..same shitt .. same bad quality as before :( IM SAD :D

Hey.. i tryed really crazy high bit rate ... and the video does look a lot better after render .. but again after i upload it to youtube ..same disaster as before.. pls help :(:D