Could I put a lens on this camera?

I have the Canon Vixia HF R300, and I want to put a fisheye lens onto it. I don't need any extra zoom or anything but I also don't want to add in the effect in post.

(try not to make it ghetto)

(I am not going to tape on on :P )

Thanks!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I have the Canon Vixia HF R300, and I want to put a fisheye lens onto it. I don't need any extra zoom or anything but I also don't want to add in the effect in post.

(try not to make it ghetto)

(I am not going to tape on on :P )

Thanks!

You could always weld instead of tape

You could always weld instead of tape

Dont want to weld a $10 lens to a $300 camera.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

simple answer, no. long answer, no.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Dont want to weld a $10 lens to a $300 camera.

Judging by the fact that you think that for $300 you can get switchable lenses, kindaaa makes me think you should save until you can afford a real camera

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Judging by the fact that you think that for $300 you can get switchable lenses, kindaaa makes me think you should save until you can afford a real camera

There are plenty of really great interchangeable systems for less than $300 -

Pentax Q

Canon 1100d

Nikon D3100

Panasonic G3

I've noticed you on a few other threads -if you have nothing to contribute why do you bother leaving a reply, especially with such snide remarks? Please go somewhere else if you're going to continue being crappy.

For the OP-

You can to buy fish eye filters which will mount straight onto the front of your camera. Opteka make one especially for your camera. It's about $20. If you're felling like a bit of DIY you could buy a spare lens cap for your camera, drill out the center and mount a few things which will give you a fisheye effect, such as the lens from some old spectacles, a replacement Go Pro lens, or even a peephole from your local hardware store.

Check out these-

http://content.photojojo.com/diy/make-your-own-fisheye-lens/

http://www.diyphotography.net/using-a-door-peephole-as-a-fisheye-lens

Otherwise investing in a cheap action camera will give you the wide angle lens and fairly good quality footage. Generally fisheye lenses are used for sports, so the action camera formfactor may suit you perfectly for this.

There are plenty of really great interchangeable systems for less than $300 -

Pentax Q

Canon 1100d

Nikon D3100

Panasonic G3

I've noticed you on a few other threads -if you have nothing to contribute why do you bother leaving a reply, especially with such snide remarks? Please go somewhere else if you're going to continue being crappy.

For the OP-

You can to buy fish eye filters which will mount straight onto the front of your camera. Opteka make one especially for your camera. It's about $20. If you're felling like a bit of DIY you could buy a spare lens cap for your camera, drill out the center and mount a few things which will give you a fisheye effect, such as the lens from some old spectacles, a replacement Go Pro lens, or even a peephole from your local hardware store.

Check out these-

http://content.photojojo.com/diy/make-your-own-fisheye-lens/

http://www.diyphotography.net/using-a-door-peephole-as-a-fisheye-lens

Otherwise investing in a cheap action camera will give you the wide angle lens and fairly good quality footage. Generally fisheye lenses are used for sports, so the action camera formfactor may suit you perfectly for this.

Can we just talk about your definition of crappy?

I am a very active member of the forum and have nothing against you...

To the Op,

I was in your situation not to long ago, my advice to you would be to render in the fisheye effect post production. It looks "ok" not as good as fisheye but since your obviously on a budget you could always save a few...

#KilledMyWife 

Aside from the snide, disparaging remarks and calling people kids? Do I really need to tell you? Come on man. I don't care how active you are or if you have anything against me, I'm just asking you to try being a bit nicer to people. Not saying anything more, don't want to ruin OP's thread or turn this into an argument. 

Aside from the snide, disparaging remarks and calling people kids? Do I really need to tell you? Come on man. I don't care how active you are or if you have anything against me, I'm just asking you to try being a bit nicer to people. Not saying anything more, don't want to ruin OP's thread or turn this into an argument. 

I do need to be a bit nicer, I will admit and I will be nicer. 

#KilledMyWife