Does keeping pc on the ground (carpet) or generaly sleeping in the same room with PC bad for sleep quality?

bydus

I was wondering, does keeping and sleeping in the same room as the pc (even when not on during the night) make the air bad. It kinda makes the air electrified or something like that. I'm having troubles with sleeping lately and was wondering if it was PC related. I also have TV and other electric devices in my room, extension cordes etc. Was there some sort of study about sleeping in the same room with electric devices?

Should have got a PS4

well i dont see electricity in the air. but if the fans are loud.

ill beat yo ass on minecraft anyday.

Does your room have good ventilation? 
If you are spending a lot of time on PC and room is badly ventilated then air quality will suck.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I can see what he means by the electrified air, but that's just the smell of fresh electronics which you might smell when you're sitting on the computer i don't smell anything electric when i'm not on it.

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

It could be noise if you have lots of electronics in your room. My printer makes a super annoying high pitch noise when idle/standby. Stuff like that is much more pronounced when there's less background noise at night. Otherwise it's probably that you're using screens and speakers before falling asleep. If your gaming or watching something with a bright screen and high-ish volume that can affect the time it takes to fall asleep. Also if having the computer in your room has altered your usual pre-sleep routine you might just need time to adjust.

There's all kinds of studies about how devices affect people, there aren't many that are roundly well regarded. Still trying actually turning everything off (rather than standby) for a week before you get ready for bed. If helps then keep doing it, if not try something else.