Antlion mod mic

Pugsicle

I want to get a stand alone mic to go along with my Sennheiser HD 558s and I am not sure which one to get. I have been looking at the Antlion mod mic and I like the style of a boom mic better than one that sits on my desk because I generally do not talk loud and it will not pick up other noise going on around me. But I have heard some things about a buzzing coming from the mic as well. Has anyone had experience with this mic? Or should I get a desk mic like the blue snowball?

i haven't heard anything about buzzing but all i can say is its nice to have a mic attached to headphones that way doesn't take up more desk space 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Watch this (SPOILERS: THE WHOLE THING WAS RECORDED ON A MODMIC 4.0):

I used to be quite active here.

I have the mod mic 4.0 and do not have any issues with buzzing.

No one has ever mentioned any sound issues during chat and the couple test recordings I did with it through Audacity sounded fine.