mITX Build

xaaronx

Hi,

Is this any good?

(Edited)

Here's my Part List:  :)

I just wanted to add that I already have the case (Christmas Gift)  :) And I already have a spare Corsair 550W Power Supply. I'm not sure of the model, I'll have to go find it but it's hardly used, purchased a few years back.  :lol:

Inception9269 picked the GA-H170N-WIFI instead, why is this? And I still have to pick a video card!

The system will mostly be used for games such as Fallout 4, GTA5, etc. I'd love to run them maxed out at 1080p and get 60fps in return. :)

Budget: Probably around AUD$800. But as cheap as possible. :)

Thanks!!

budget? and please use pcpartpicker for lists, and please follow your own topic, and be specific about which parts( the ram and psu)

~dm

Something like this maybe? Kind of guessing since no budget, usage, etc. listed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($44.33 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($116.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($48.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($66.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi Travelstar 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Silverstone 450W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $879.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 23:17 EST-0500

Some parts are subject to interest, such as the storage. I went with an ssd and hdd but you could save some cash by just going with a hdd.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

This is about $25 over budget which I hope is okay with you but this build offers a very powerful 8GB 390, an overclockable i5 4690K with a CPU cooler and a Z97 motherboard, a SSD and a better PSU; all in a mini ITX form factor:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($223.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($121.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($293.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $824.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 03:26 EST-0500

However, if you aren't going to overclock, then I'd go with a i5 4460 & H97 instead and save some money. But it's entirely up to you :)

EDIT: You meant Australian dollars? Just saw the edit, you should have specified that at the very beginning. Sorry mate, but you're not going to get 1080p 60fps with all settings maxed out on Fallout 4 and GTA V. Here's what I managed to build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($275.00 @ Centre Com) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 370 2GB PCS+ Video Card  ($199.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($79.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $830.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 21:17 AEDT+1100

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Yeah sorry about that. Was in a rush for both my posts. I Knew I forgot something.

Do you think if I stuck with my original build sheet, and used the on-board video just so it can be setup/prepared, and wait a little and get a decent video card to go along with it? And if so, what card would you think? I'm actually not even too sure with the budget. This is something I want to slowly do over the coming months. :)

You can omit the PSU and HDD.  :) (I can dig them out of my pile of junk)  :lol:

Yeah sorry about that. Was in a rush for both my posts. I Knew I forgot something.

Do you think if I stuck with my original build sheet, and used the on-board video just so it can be setup/prepared, and wait a little and get a decent video card to go along with it? And if so, what card would you think? I'm actually not even too sure with the budget. This is something I want to slowly do over the coming months. :)

You can omit the PSU and HDD.  :) (I can dig them out of my pile of junk)  :lol:

I wouldn't use that PSU, I'd honestly try to get a better one. If you want 1080p 60fps then I'd do what you just said and save up a bit. Something like this will do very well for FO4 and GTA V:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($275.00 @ Centre Com) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($449.00 @ CPL Online) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($139.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1071.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 21:47 AEDT+1100

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder