Noise Canceling Headphones For around $100 USD

Ritsukashy
Go to solution Solved by Rmusic10891,

they don't have to be active noise canceling passive is fine just something with a good balance with priority on sound quality 

Noise Isolating is what you're going for then, my original recommendation or I believe the m40x are on sale for $80 on amazon currently. 

Hi my friend is looking for some noise canceling headphones that don't leak sound preferred but not necessary he is coming from a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. They are finally breaking down and he is looking for something mainly for alternative rock music aka (Muse,Rise Against, and Japanese Rock) and doesn't require a headphone amp and looks good preferred too but not necessary. Thanks for all suggestions in advance.

Edit: Forgot to say he prefers headphones that cover the whole ear too

I have heard good things about this pair of headphones. 

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-ANC7B-QuietPoint-Noise-Cancelling-Closed-Back/dp/B002HWJT1A/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1451260366&sr=8-17&keywords=noise+cancelling+headphones

Great for traveling. These have active noise "canceling" 

I personally use a cheap pair of noise canceling headphones because I am kind of rough on my travel headphones. I use the Panasonic RPHC200W. They are really cheap now. I bought a pair for $40 a year ago. 

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHC200W-Headphones/dp/B007G96VW4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1451260780&sr=8-5&keywords=panasonic+headphones+noise+cancelling

I am sure there a much better options now if you don't want active noise canceling. If you want a pair of headphones that are noise isolating the ATH M40x are pretty good. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

For that budget I would avoid ANC headphones. Your buddy would probably be a lot happier just getting a nice pair of closed over-ears, something like the NVX XPT100's perhaps. 

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

For that budget I would avoid ANC headphones. Your buddy would probably be a lot happier just getting a nice pair of closed over-ears, something like the NVX XPT100's perhaps. 

they don't have to be active noise canceling passive is fine just something with a good balance with priority on sound quality 

Noise Isolating is what you're going for then, my original recommendation or I believe the m40x are on sale for $80 on amazon currently. 

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1