i think we need this

NanoTech56

i think on the builds and planning there should be a pinned post like sub $500 builds because i see posted all the time of new builds and its a person asking for like $300 or $400 build and the replies are the same either a x4 860k or g3258 with a 750 ti or  a 380. and i notice a lot of people dont reply to those posts because they're like i already answered this same thing 8 times today 

i think on the builds and planning there should be a pinned post like sub $500 builds because i see posted all the time of new builds and its a person asking for like $300 or $400 build and the replies are the same either a x4 860k or g3258 with a 750 ti or  a 380. and i notice a lot of people dont reply to those posts because they're like i already answered this same thing 8 times today 

Everyone has different needs and preferences. No build can fit all in a certain budget.

It makes sense to ask when needed as we are happy to help anyways.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Everyone has different needs and preferences. No build can fit all in a certain budget.

It makes sense to ask when needed as we are happy to help anyways.

nah im saying make like 4 builds 1 amd gaming one 1 intel gaming one. then 1 amd video editing and 1 intel video editing. because all they ask is gaming or video editing/ rendering builds fro the $500 ones  

nah im saying make like 4 builds 1 amd gaming one 1 intel gaming one. then 1 amd video editing and 1 intel video editing. because all they ask is gaming or video editing/ rendering builds fro the $500 ones  

"1 amd gaming one"

Not a terrible idea though, having pre-listed builds for specific purposes based on best value and budget.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

"1 amd gaming one"

Not a terrible idea though, having pre-listed builds for specific purposes based on best value and budget.

better to have a AMD option then to not, but i think it would help reduce the same posts and if from that they can't find what they need they can ask.

New parts and deals come out everyday. The market changes too often to have a predetermined build be tailored to a user use case.

Not just the CPU, GPU, RAM, and MOBO determine a build: People might want lighter parts, better quality power supplies, silent builds, good upgrade options, etc. If people aren't asking stuff like this, they likely aren't actually going to build the PC for real.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

New parts and deals come out everyday. The market changes too often to have a predetermined build be tailored to a user use case.

Not just the CPU, GPU, RAM, and MOBO determine a build: People might want lighter parts, better quality power supplies, silent builds, good upgrade options, etc. If people aren't asking stuff like this, they likely aren't actually going to build the PC for real.

bro its $500 you get what you can get at that price point. if it's like $1000+ yeah you have those options but at $500 it's pretty much set parts if you want it to be used for gaming. 

bro its $500 you get what you can get at that price point. if it's like $1000+ yeah you have those options but at $500 it's pretty much set parts if you want it to be used for gaming. 

No, i can see some serious variety with MOBOs, cases, PSUs, storage solutions, and RAM at even at $500

and another point is if you look at the posts for the $500 and under builds its almost exactly the same builds posted every time 

Prices change.  Static builds won't work because of this.

you can updates postes when you need to, and fro the last year its been pretty much the same so at best you'll have to update once a year

you can updates postes when you need to, and fro the last year its been pretty much the same so at best you'll have to update once a year

Deals happen everyday. When you update lists everyday, you have to be on the search for every part of every build, making sure it doesn't go over the price limit, and making sure that users get the best deals for the money. Sales at individual part dealers can affect price too.

You are updating the builds once every day, if we did it this way.

But you see, this exact process (except way more conveniently) is happening when a user goes to the "New Builds and Planning" Subforum, writes a post about their specific needs, puts it up, and gets help within 10 minutes via build assemblers on PCPP, with builds tailored for them, no matter the changes in price or new parts.

Deals happen everyday. When you update lists everyday, you have to be on the search for every part of every build, making sure it doesn't go over the price limit, and making sure that users get the best deals for the money. Sales at individual part dealers can affect price too.

You are updating the builds once every day, if we did it this way.

But you see, this exact process (except way more conveniently) is happening when a user goes to the "New Builds and Planning" Subforum, writes a post about their specific needs, puts it up, and gets help within 10 minutes via build assemblers on PCPP, with builds tailored for them, no matter the changes in price

no your actually not. i remember a while back a person made a post of $400-$2000 builds like the best fro the price point and people used that. i saw people link it in peopel asking for good builds for whatever price even months after he made that post. just because  apart is like $5 less then normal you dont need to update it. you just just thinking of reasons not to for the ask or laughing because if you're thinking logically then yould would be like. oh you have t update it every time a part is on sale. and honestly 99% of builds people ask for are the same the only difference is the case and in the pinned post you can just list a lot of cases so they have options and not the case you pick. think with your head buddy.

It is easier for us (LTT community) to help with each person as they need it.  There are a lot of us that do builds for others.  We are usually pretty fast.

It is easier for us (LTT community) to help with each person as they need it.  There are a lot of us that do builds for others.  We are usually pretty fast.

yes but i've seen a lot of people say that they answer so many of the same builds daily. i know one person who just pases the same pc part peicer link becase they all ask for the same thing 

yes but i've seen a lot of people say that they answer so many of the same builds daily. i know one person who just pases the same pc part peicer link becase they all ask for the same thing 

Try it if you want, but I will be honest with you:  It most likely won't catch on.  :)

It's impossible to configure a system for the user's SPECIFIC needs. I can't make a $400 mITX capture box thing and recommend it to a person wanting a $400 mITX gaming system :P

yes you can.

in either case, you should under no circumstances go with a pentium. you should go with a quad core AMD Athlon X64 860k. Because it will perform better in general.

yes you can.

in either case, you should under no circumstances go with a pentium. you should go with a quad core AMD Athlon X64 860k. Because it will perform better in general.

Literally, i would never recommend an 860k over a G3258.

This is why it would be very illogical to pretend copy-pasting builds would be sufficient to a person's needs.

yes you can.

What I meant is capture box = capture card and such and yes it's only one change but it's more fun to make lists than to copy paste them :c

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

This is why it would be very illogical to pretend copy-pasting builds would be sufficient to a person's needs.

then you are a fanboy.

you dont buy an pentium, EVER because of upgrade path.

BECAUSE DOING SO IS WASTING MONEY ON A FUCKING TOY.

you buy an athlon 860k, FX 6300 or Intel Core i3 for entry builds. Because they have good performance, in every game, not just single or dual core games, and cost little.

The pentium, no matter how you look at it. Is a glorified, overhyped, overclocking TOY. Nothing more, nothing less.

then you are a fanboy.

you buy an athlon 860k, FX 6300 or Intel Core i3 for entry builds. Because they have good performance, in every game, not just single or dual core games, and cost little.

The pentium, no matter how you look at it. Is a glorified, overhyped, overclocking TOY. Nothing more, nothing less.

G3258 can fit on z97

i wanna hear your reason

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

then you are a fanboy.

Ok so let's break this down on how shit the 860k is by breaking things down with PCPartPicker.

Athalon 860k-$67 (Literally, the same performance as an FX-4300 on the AM3+ platform)

A88X MOBO-$56

Z97 MOBO-$85       <-----] Upgrade to shit-tier FX-4300

Core i-5 4460-$165 <-----]

Total-$373

Pentium G3258-$65

Z97 MOBO-$85

Core i-5 4460-$165 <----]Upgrade to shit-tier G3258

Total-$315

If you are buying an 860k then you are wasting money for a terrible value.

They do not have good performance. You buy the G3258 for the upgrade path and temporary usability, not to pretend you can play games well.

Benches

You want the quad-core.

But you don't want a shit "quad-core" that will cost you more in the long run than a good quad-core.

If you think i am wrong and the FX-4300/860k is all that's needed for gaming, then i guess you must be the fanboy who pairs 860ks with 980 tis.

"Oh no, guy, don't worry. This 860k is super good. It'll be all you'll need. Those losers buying 4690ks? Yeah, they're dumb, they're wasting money since the 860k has good performance. Quad-core is all you need. Quad-core and high clock speed, mang."

G3258 can fit on z97

who gives a shit?

you buy it, waste 55-60 bucks on a CPU that is trash, just so you can later on spend another 100+ bucks on a CPU that is decent?

just wait until you can either add another 40 bucks to that budget and get a i3. or get a Athlon 860k wich costs the same as a pentium or, get a FX 6300 which is equal to or better then a i3 4130.

In the end. Pentium will forever be the worst fucking choice. because no matter how much you OC it, the chip is shit and is a massive waste of money and time