Decrease pump speed?

CUMZY

Sup, I have been using my Corsair H55 for 1-2 months, its been buzzing since day one and its kinda annoying sometimes. Today I tried to connect it to my fan controller just to lower the voltage on the pump and it got pretty quiet! I heard that you have to run the pump at 100% otherwise it could break?

Plz halp, I dont wanna use it on a lower voltage if that can damage the pump.

Moved to Water Cooling.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If your pump has been buzzing you need to RMA. There should be no noise coming out of the pump.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

pump should always run 100%.

play with the fans instead.

Why exactly?

Yeah,a link to a thread detailing slowing the pump with an inline diode.....GG.......

OP,you can slow the pump but how much I cannot say. 1800RPM seems the most common speed, Is there a warranty concern that means you cant send it back? Because it is an RMA issue tbh.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Yeah,a link to a thread detailing slowing the pump with an inline diode.....GG.......

OP,you can slow the pump but how much I cannot say. 1800RPM seems the most common speed, Is there a warranty concern that means you cant send it back? Because it is an RMA issue tbh.

:P Well, I feel bad for sending it back because it isnt a big issue, but there is some sort of vibrate/buzzing noise inside the pump. I dont really know, seems like its a common issue, and if I RMA it the new one will probably have the same problem or some jizz :'(