Sony Vegas Lag/Slow Render Speeds

Slayher

I'm rendering a 17 minute video in 720p 60fps, Any way I could make my PC not lag while rendering? Plus another question.

17 Minute Video: +2 hours?

I should be rendering way faster, if you could help me gimme a method on how to render faster please let me know!!

Pretty sure my build should render faster than this.. Help?

My Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

RAM: 16.0GB Corsair Vengeance Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Pro3

GPU: 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (NVIDIA)

666MHZ?! That's your problem there!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

666MHZ?! That's your problem there!

The full speed of the RAM is 1866, not sure why it only reads 666MHz! Any idea?

The full speed of the RAM is 1866, not sure why it only reads 666MHz! Any idea?

WAIT! Where are you reading this clock?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

WAIT! Where are you reading this clock?

I'm reading 666MHz in "Speccy"

I'm reading 666MHz in "Speccy"

What the... Use CPU-Z please.

What the... Use CPU-Z please.

CPU-Z still reads 666MHz

Up3sAyj.png

If its reading 666mhz then you are running at the base memory clock of 1333mhz as its dual channel memory (666.7 x 2 = 1333)

There are 2 ways you can go here, the easiest is to set your XMP memory profile in the bios or you can find the precise timings and set it up manually in the bios. Check your manual it should tell you in there. 

You will then be operating your memory at the correct speeds

TC

If its reading 666mhz then you are running at the base memory clock of 1333mhz as its dual channel memory (666.7 x 2 = 1333)

There are 2 ways you can go here, the easiest is to set your XMP memory profile in the bios or you can find the precise timings and set it up manually in the bios. Check your manual it should tell you in there. 

You will then be operating your memory at the correct speeds

TC

I just messed with the bios a bit and the MHz went from 666MHz to 800MHz, what should my MHz be?

PS. When it boosted, My PC booted up faster so did programs...!!

My speeds raised when I raised the "DRAM Frequency" I raised it to the MAXIMUM of my RAM which is 1600 and if I go any higher my PC goes into a boot loop and doesn't start, it'll just shut on+off if I raise it past that point! Is that fine the 800MHz what I'm at now?

I just messed with the bios a bit and the MHz went from 666MHz to 800MHz, what should my MHz be?

PS. When it boosted, My PC booted up faster so did programs...!!

My speeds raised when I raised the "DRAM Frequency" I raised it to the MAXIMUM of my RAM which is 1600 and if I go any higher my PC goes into a boot loop and doesn't start, it'll just shut on+off if I raise it past that point! Is that fine the 800MHz what I'm at now?

930-933 Mhz 800 is 1600 mhz DDR equals "Double Data Rate" so 800 double is 1600 so on and so forth. just my guess.

Cpu: Intel i7 4790k@stock | Case: Corsair C70 | Motherbord: msi z97 Krait edition Ram: Crucial ballistix 16 GB | Video Card: GTX 1080 8GB |

Power Supply: Seasonic 620W Bronze|KeyBord: Corsair K70 RGB (reds)| Mouse: Logitech g502|MicrophoneBlue Snowball|

800mhz now means you are at 1600mhz as its dual channel, just changing the memory frequency isnt enough you need to set the timings as just setting frquency without correct timings can result in instability

If you have 1866mhz memory you want CPUz to be reading 933mhz

I have looked at the manual for your board, from the bios  go to OC Tweaker tab > DRAM Timing Configuration > Load XMP setting > Set profile 1 or 2 (try both) One should set 1600 and one should set 1866, you may however just have one profile, if so thats fine it depends on the Dimms.

The XMP profile loads the memory timings automatically. Try that and report back

also question are you using the gpu to render or the cpu?

Cpu: Intel i7 4790k@stock | Case: Corsair C70 | Motherbord: msi z97 Krait edition Ram: Crucial ballistix 16 GB | Video Card: GTX 1080 8GB |

Power Supply: Seasonic 620W Bronze|KeyBord: Corsair K70 RGB (reds)| Mouse: Logitech g502|MicrophoneBlue Snowball|

also question are you using the gpu to render or the cpu?

I'm using the GPU in the settings.

try turning off gpu acceleration in rendering and see if that changes anything

try turning off gpu acceleration in rendering and see if that changes anything

It'll take even longer to render...

It'll take even longer to render...

that's what the render says? or is that what your guessing. 

that's what the render says? or is that what your guessing. 

Check on YouTube, "How to render 10x a faster" and they all toggle GPU rendering..

I've even asked/tried myself, GPU rendering it faster.

Check on YouTube, "How to render 10x a faster" and they all toggle GPU rendering..

I've even asked/tried myself, GPU rendering it faster.

yes i know I've used it quite often maybe Vegas or one of the video clips or something in the timeline is bugging out the render or possibly did you disable resample even probably put the FPS down otherwise I've extended my knowledge of slow downs in Vegas other then glitched out recordings from OBS.