Fallout 4 save help?

SmilesRising

so yesterday i played some fallout 4 and i was lvl 38 and i did a few quests, but now today when i wanted to play i was for some reason lvl 31 and i hadnt completed the quests.. i know i saved before i turned off and even if i didnt. the autosave should have saved it. is there anyway to recover the data or something?

Watches and computers                    

so yesterday i played some fallout 4 and i was lvl 38 and i did a few quests, but now today when i wanted to play i was for some reason lvl 31 and i hadnt completed the quests.. i know i saved before i turned off and even if i didnt. the autosave should have saved it. is there anyway to recover the data or something?

Steam is dead at the moment. It's probably lost.

Look at my signature and do as it says. Valve fucked up big time.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Look at my signature and do as it says. Valve fucked up big time

well.... fuck me then

Watches and computers                    

Steam is dead at the moment. It's probably lost.

fuck me then...

Watches and computers                    

Look at my signature and do as it says. Valve fucked up big time.

Steam has been compromised. If you are logged into Steam, log out immediately and don't touch it until you're given the all-clear by Valve.

What's your source link?

And how will this supposed all-clear alert be delivered by Valve? 

What's your source link?

And how will this supposed all-clear alert be delivered by Valve? 

https://twitter.com/SteamDB?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/ValveTime?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

And we're hoping Valve will come out with an official statement and instructions soon.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

The twitter thing said that SteamDB is not affiliated with Steam/Valve.   What about ValveTime? 

I'd prefer to get information from an official source.  I'm not disbelieving you, but third-party details about server and privacy issues isn't something I want to put a lot of stock in.

The twitter thing said that SteamDB is not affiliated with Steam/Valve.   What about ValveTime? 

I'd prefer to get information from an official source.  I'm not disbelieving you, but third-party details about server and privacy issues isn't something I want to put a lot of stock in.

Surely taking basic precautions, even if not directly instructed by Valve, is better than doing nothing to circumvent this?

Surely taking basic precautions, even if not directly instructed by Valve, is better than doing nothing to circumvent this?

Perhaps, but I'm not a fearmonger either while some of these sources seem to be jumping to conclusions. 

Perhaps, but I'm not a fearmonger either while some of these sources seem to be jumping to conclusions. 

Fair enough, I'm just gonna be proactive and secure my account.

Fair enough, I'm just gonna be proactive and secure my account.

Doesn't Steam Guard leave my account secure? 

Some one should have to get the authentication email to get my details, yes? 

Doesn't Steam Guard leave my account secure? 

Some one should have to get the authentication email to get my details, yes? 

I'm not really sure, sorry.

I'm not really sure, sorry.

Huh. Weird.  I guess I'll keep an eye on my credit card's website for weirdo charges. 

My kid has been playing Fallout all morning, too... I hope his progress isn't borked like the OP's. 

Huh. Weird.  I guess I'll keep an eye on my credit card's website for weirdo charges. 

My kid has been playing Fallout all morning, too... I hope his progress isn't borked like the OP's. 

Good luck to you.