ADATA S102 Pro USB 3.0 16GB Flash Drive Review

Godlygamer23

I recently had my Patriot Supersonic Boost XT 8GB flash drive die on me, so I went to get another flash drive and stumbled upon this drive, since it has good reviews and ADATA is a well respected maker of products. This is also my first ADATA purchase. Lets get started with the review.

Lets start off with some glamour shots

post-7355-0-13380900-1377813129.jpg

post-7355-0-27978900-1377813143.jpg

post-7355-0-36578900-1377813158.jpg

It's certainly a nice looking flash drive. It's got a grayish black look to it. The body itself is made of aluminum, with the cap being made of plastic. The quality of the housing is quite nice. I threw the drive around and slid it across tile flooring, and it left no scratches whatsoever. I also attempted to bend the cap with my fingers and I saw little flexing. Of course, another factor is performance. So how did the drive do? In my tests, it did quite well. For synthetic purposes, I'm using CrystalDiskMark. For real world purposes, I'll be copying a folder full of videos that amount to almost 10GB total. I'm also copying the folder from my Intel 520 240GB SSD instead of my hard drive to remove any potential bottlenecks.

For my real world test, I was able to get 22MB/s average for writing, which is just about what they're advertising. As for reading, I was able to achieve about 85MB/s average, which is a 15MB difference between my results and ADATA's claims. However, it should be noted that they may be talking about maximum read and write speeds in their claims. If that is the case, then I maxed out at 129MB/s for reading, and 25MB/s for writing.

Onto my synthetic test(screenshot will be posted for this): I'll be doing three runs of all tests each. The file size is 500MB.

post-7355-0-04504800-1377814918.jpg

All in all, the drive is quite nice and worth the money for anyone looking for an awesome flash drive.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have two of these and one of the 32GB version. They're awesome. :)

GW2: Vettexl.9726