Transferring OS

sn0re

I am currently updating my 60gb SSD to a 120GB SSD,how can I transfer all the files that I have on the SSD without re-installing any of the programs that I have.

no.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Use acronis true image to clone your data. You have to pay for it, but there are ways of getting around that. 

tumblr_m84u9uf2tV1qg38m8.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I am currently updating my 60gb SSD to a 120GB SSD,how can I transfer all the files that I have on the SSD without re-installing any of the programs that I have.

Mirror the drive. You will need another computer to do this. It is not hard. Google it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Make sure your 60GB SSD is plugged into your first sata port and plug your 120GB SSD into the second sata port. Boot to a Linux live CD and issue the command

dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

from a terminal. This will copy the contents of the first SSD to the second. Make sure you back up all data before doing this because screwing up the dd command can wipe your entire SSD.