(Bottlenecked)R9 390 Review

reapersivan

The FX 6350 is over $150 here just for the cpu so I guess that blows your budget already. Then adding in a decent mobo which can handle an overclock, $130. Then hyper 212 as you said $30. So thats $310 + taxes. An i5 4460 is $220 and $80 for a mobo. Thats $300 taxes. You were comparing an i5 in the first place so.  I mean I wont argue about an i3 its never really a good choice unless you wanna upgrade like you said. But I will argue an i5 is a better value. You'll get good performance no matter the game. That  better performance-per dollar in my books.

How about you tell me the cost of 4460 in your area also. If fx 6300 is that expensive, i can already tell the cost of 4460 will be ugly. I can buy two fx 6300 for the price of 4460. If they perform the same on modern multithreaded games, no reason to spend extra cash unless for future upgrade. 

Edit: okay, but you dont need a $130 usd board. i got ga 78lmt which is around 50 usd and i can oc my cpu by 700 mhz

Thread reopened.

I've removed a lot of posts in this thread. Just a reminder - it is against the Code of Conduct to insult other users. If further arguing and insult throwing happens in this thread, it will be permanently locked.

Keep it civil. ;)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Thread reopened.

I've removed a lot of posts in this thread. Just a reminder - it is against the Code of Conduct to insult other users. If further arguing and insult throwing happens in this thread, it will be permanently locked.

Keep it civil. ;)

roger that