4790k or 6700k

Brace

If I can afford a 6700kis it really worth it or is the 4790k basically the same for a 100$ less. 

It's not really worth it unless you need the DDR4 for decreased rendering times, but, then again, why not go with a 5820K if you want that?

Basically, don't buy a 6700K unless you need the absolute best single core performance available. I would've gone with a 5820K if there were more ITX X99 motherboards ou there besides a lowly black and blue ASRock board.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you can afford a 6700K, you should get a 5820K.

why isn't the 6700k the newer one btw that was hilarious.  

If I can afford a 6700kis it really worth it or is the 4790k basically the same for a 100$ less. 

Question is, if you don't mind spending an extra 100. If you don't, I don't see why not

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

If you can afford a 6700K, you should get a 5820K.

i meant to say this, this is what i would do

in my country it's cheaper than the 6700k

i meant to say this, this is what i would do

in my country it's cheaper than the 6700k

Hey it is to is the US but I don't really care about price I just want the best cpu in this price range.

why isn't the 6700k the newer one btw that was hilarious.  

The 5820K has better PCIe lane support, has 6 cores, and is $100 cheaper in most places.

Hey it is to is the US but I don't really care about price I just want the best cpu in this price range.

it's a 6 core man :)

The 5820K has better PCIe lane support, has 6 cores, and is $100 cheaper in most places.

But if the price of the 6700k is not a problem which is better.

But if the price of the 6700k is not a problem which is better.

Depends. Will you be running cards in SLI/Crossfire? Will you be using heavily multithreaded workloads?

Depends. Will you be running cards in SLI/Crossfire? Will you be using heavily multithreaded workloads?

No I will be running one asus strix 980ti and I will be mostly doing editing and rendering with a little gaming.

No I will be running one asus strix 980ti and I will be mostly doing editing and rendering with a little gaming.

Editing and rendering are the most heavily multithreaded workloads that a consumer would do. The 5820K is definitely the better choice for you.

Editing and rendering are the most heavily multithreaded workloads that a consumer would do. The 5820K is definitely the better choice for you.

Ok thanks I'll check that out

The X99 platform is with editing and rendering the right path to choose. The 5820K is a fine choice.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling