Delete or not?

SmilesRising

so i cloned my harddrive to my SSD and i made so it boots from thhe SSD (i think) can i now delete everything from the HDD and what files do i need to keep on the SSD?

Watches and computers                    

pull out the HDD and acctually test everything is working. If it is then you can format your HDD and use it for large file storage.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

so i cloned my harddrive to my SSD and i made so it boots from thhe SSD (i think) can i now delete everything from the HDD and what files do i need to keep on the SSD?

TO BE SURE: unplug HDD and see if it boots from SSD. Set the boot priorities to the SSD.

If everything goes well, reformat your hard drive.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

TO BE SURE: unplug HDD and see if it boots from SSD. Set the boot priorities to the SSD.

ok ill try

Watches and computers                    

i pulled out the HDD and try to start but it didnt work. on the bios it says that my SSD is the primary boot drive but it doesnt work?? why?

Watches and computers                    

i pulled out the HDD and try to start but it didnt work. on the bios it says that my SSD is the primary boot drive but it doesnt work?? why?

Have you checked if there is a windows installation on the SSD when booting from the HDD?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Have you checked if there is a windows installation on the SSD when booting from the HDD?

how do i find it? what should it be called?

Watches and computers                    

If you wanna know if your system is booting off of your SSD, go into your BIOS and check for something that says "Primary Boot Drive" or something along those lines. If it isnt already the SSD, Im quite sure you should be able to easily change it from there.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If you wanna know if your system is booting off of your SSD, go into your BIOS and check for something that says "Primary Boot Drive" or something along those lines. If it isnt already the SSD, Im quite sure you should be able to easily change it from there.

it says SSD but when i try to boot up it wont work..

Watches and computers