R9 270 Drivers

Camcognito

I'm having some trouble and am a little confused installing the drivers for my new GPU. I run the Radeon Crimson software and the AMD Catalyst setup, and it keeps on saying install complete, but every time I go into my device manager my old Intel HD 4400 graphics are still there. (I uninstalled them) After I run the AMD Install Manager, nothing happens. Also, the GPU fans are really loud

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Have you plugged the display cable into the GPU?

I tried that and nothing appears on my monitor.

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Well, is the display output in the BIOS set to the GPU? Have you plugged in the power cables for it?

I'll check the bios in a minute, and yes the GPU is plugged in

Well, is the display output in the BIOS set to the GPU? Have you plugged in the power cables for it?

It says the primary display adapter is set to the PCI Express slot

It says the primary display adapter is set to the PCI Express slot

I said power cables, not GPU itself. Also, uninstall your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall them.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I said power cables, not GPU itself. Also, uninstall your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall them.

yes the power cables are installed

The fans on the GPU are running (Loud) 

This means the computer detects the GPU right?

If they're running at 100%, uninstall the GPU drivers and reinstall them.

the gpu drivers wont install; when I run the AMD install manager it doesnt install anything

If they're running at 100%, uninstall the GPU drivers and reinstall them.

so it turns out the problem was a cable was blocking the gpu on the motherboard....

i feel stupid now, but thanks for your help!