Bad Quality on new TV

PampaZiya

Hello, we recently just bought a Telefunken 49 inch TV, it's UHD.

When I connect my PC to the TV and play a 4K video, the quality is just mouth drooling and just freakin amazinggggggg.... 

Before it we had an old Sony TV

Problem is, the satellite quality on the sony TV is kinda... better? There's grains everywhere on the new telefunken TV, we tried tweaking with the signals on manual tuning with no luck, we bought a signal enhancer or whatever it's called and the quality remained the same.

The cable quality on the sony TV is better, no grains and it's fine.. But on the telefunken it looks awkwardly weird and grainy all over the place. However when I play on PC, again, the image quality is just superb and beautiful ! I even played Black Ops 3 and League of Legends on it and it looked amazing !

Any thoughts? It's running 4.3 Android and A9 Cortex chip.

Thank you !!

well..  say old tv is 1080p, which means on the new one you stretch the image 4 times more than before. i mean are you actually getting a 4k signal? the answer btw is no you arent, but your tv is sending a 4k signal which makes it look good.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I was thinking it was because it's an unknown brand, but if it works on your computer then it's not that. 

well..  say old tv is 1080p, which means on the new one you stretch the image 4 times more than before. i mean are you actually getting a 4k signal? the answer btw is no you arent.

The image quality is not the problem.. the grains we getting is the problem.. You know those white and black grains you get when you have absolutely no signal? The same but with actual image.. 

I was thinking it was because it's an unknown brand, but if it works on your computer then it's not that. 

It's not unkown, just not popular. The TV is actually really good, running android and syncs just fine with anything you plug in it.

ok.. hmm have you tried a different cable? could be bad cable or connector have seen the same problem in the past on the old consoles(ps2, nintendo)

ok.. hmm have you tried a different cable? 

Yes we bought a new one, the same :/ 

same connector on the tv or is it not possible to use another input? not sure about tv satelite connections since i have never messed around with such in a very long time.

same connector on the tv or is it not possible to use another input? not sure about tv satelite connections since i have never messed around with such in a very long time.

There's TV, AV, HDMI, VGA on the Telefunken TV. The normal TV one is for cable. The sony TV is not small, it's 1080p 30 inch TV, and there is absolutely no pixelations like on the telefunken one. :/

yea i understand :) well the only thing i can see being the problem is the tv connector on the tv being screwy, since you tried another cable as you say thats the only thing remaining since it works great with your pc and phone :/

what i meant before is that if i try to play a 720p video on my 4k monitor it will get grainy as it has to stretch it out like crazy and most tv signals are either 480 or 720p if you got the HD package thingy some give out, and 480p well thats will look like shit :P and then comes the questions i would have about the cable being able to send 4k signals, i mean not even hdmi can send 4k 60hz, and just now is able to send 4k at all.

btw there is a new standard coming that all the movies and media will be using for 4k and your tv doesnt have it, its a decoding thingy from what i heard. Source, high end audio and tv store i buy my audio things from and listen to 150.000$ sound setups for shits and giggles.. and drool..