Teaching mac users

totjup5

arnt they trying to push firewire conection as way to upgrade or something

I hope apple has something to back it up with as thunderbolt is barely used anywhere for anything. That means little amount of drivers and prices skyrocketing even for apple standards.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well I was with some friends in an Apple and one of my friend went into the Notes app on an iPad Mini, wrote "You are getting scammed) screenshot the thing and put it on both the lockscreen and menu

And it wouldnt change a thing like you putting LTT on Safari of the devices

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I went into the apple store at the mall and put all of the ipads and macs that I could on the Linustechtips forum page. Hopefully the "geniuses" will find it educational.

Wow, you are cool! Can i be your friend? Not.

Warning: Rant! 

You Sir, must be either a fool or a troll (you see I crossed over "sir"? because you are most certainly not a sir)

First off, who would pick up a device in a store and think "yes, this forum on this browser, which is totally new to me, seems interesting, I must find out who this Linus is and read some random threads about peoples everyday tech-issues and questions"?

To me, as a Mac user, you seem condescending and ignorant.

As a PC user and enthusiast I think it is people like you who gives us all a bad rep. If anyone coming to that store with the intention of buying anything got what you tried to do, your actions could only be hurting your case

You seem have the same issue as Richard Dawkins, you think you need to force your opinion down the throat of anyone who thinks differently than you. When it comes to faith, that kind of behavior is my biggest beef with religion (crusaders, missionaries, jihadists etc.) So the fact that a guy representing my side uses those tactics just bothers me a lot!

No upgradability, no gaming capability, overpriced, and bad UI

Upgradable: Yes, the same as most laptops in the sort of slim-category, i.e. storage and memory). For most most people in most everyday use cases, HW doesn't mean anything.

Gaming: Limited, yes, but not absent. It isn't a gamers platform (unless you absolutely need Dunnet), but they don't aim for the hard core gamer either. 

UI: I guess it comes down to taste, but I would, in most cases, say it's better than Win7. In fact, I'm struggling to come up with a scenario where I'd prefer the Windows UI

I just don't like apple's prices, but if I were to be given one for free I'd take it, then again I'd sell it afterwards and buy a performance based laptop or upgrade my rig.

(if I got a mac for free which had no resale value I'd keep it, else I'd just think I hit a gold mine)

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

No upgradability, no gaming capability, overpriced, and bad UI

Well some people don’t care about the first two

In terms of price if you just look at internal components that is true but there are aspects of MAC's such as build quality, looks and a beautiful screen which people usually forget about when branding them as overpriced

The UI is a subjective taste, good for some not for others.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Wow, you are cool! Can i be your friend? Not.

Warning: Rant! 

You Sir, must be either a fool or a troll (you see I crossed over "sir"? because you are most certainly not a sir)

First off, who would pick up a device in a store and think "yes, this forum on this browser, which is totally new to me, seems interesting, I must find out who this Linus is and read some random threads about peoples everyday tech-issues and questions"?

To me, as a Mac user, you seem condescending and ignorant.

As a PC user and enthusiast I think it is people like you who gives us all a bad rep. If anyone coming to that store with the intention of buying anything got what you tried to do, your actions could only be hurting your case

You seem have the same issue as Richard Dawkins, you think you need to force your opinion down the throat of anyone who thinks differently than you. When it comes to faith, that kind of behavior is my biggest beef with religion (crusaders, missionaries, jihadists etc.) So the fact that a guy representing my side uses those tactics just bothers me a lot!

Upgradable: Yes, the same as most laptops in the sort of slim-category, i.e. storage and memory). For most most people in most everyday use cases, HW doesn't mean anything.

Gaming: Limited, yes, but not absent. It isn't a gamers platform (unless you absolutely need Dunnet), but they don't aim for the hard core gamer either. 

UI: I guess it comes down to taste, but I would, in most cases, say it's better than Win7. In fact, I'm struggling to come up with a scenario where I'd prefer the Windows UI

The ignorance and fallacies that are posted on this forum about macs are horrendous. Thank you for posting this. 

Personal Computer Rig - Asus M5A99X Evo | AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0GHZ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Geforce GTX 480 | Corsair TX-750W | Zalman Z9 Plus

arnt they trying to push firewire conection as way to upgrade or something

Firewire is the standard in the audio industry and related usage cases. You can't use USB 2.0 for simultaneous two way data transfer. 

I'm also going to lock this thread as it's just a 'Let's bash Apple'.