How does this look?

iKl9kca

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($579.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($224.00 @ Paradigm PCs)

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 12g Thermal Paste ($33.10 @ Ascent Technology)

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($415.00 @ PC Force)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($166.21 @ PC Force)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($166.21 @ PC Force)

Storage: Samsung 830 Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($498.00 @ Paradigm PCs)

Storage: Western Digital Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($498.00 @ Paradigm PCs)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($569.00 @ PC Force)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($569.00 @ PC Force)

Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($249.95 @ Computer Lounge)

Power Supply: Corsair AX1500i 1500W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($744.00 @ PC Force)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($174.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)

Software: Microsoft Office Professional 2016

Software: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016 (1 Year Subscription) - 3 PCs

Software: Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 14

Software: Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 (1 Year Subscription) - 3 Devices

Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($257.00 @ Paradigm PCs)

Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($559.95 @ Computer Lounge)

Keyboard: Feenix Autore Wired Standard Keyboard

Total: $5702.42

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-24 17:28 NZDT+1300

Case will change and might upgrade the GPU to a gtx980ti

Are you serious?

Budget?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

*Yawn*  -_-

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Crap build of the day

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

please can you give it to me for christmas?  :D  :blink:  Pretty pretty please???

If you get it, sell it to some gullible person on Craigslist. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you get it, sell it to some gullible person on Craigslist.

Why?

I will have you know I have my icon trademarked and have filed a lawsuit.

Ily

xD i don't think that will all fit into the case!

Mobo-Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 LGA 1150   RAM-Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) GPU-GTX 960 Overclocked 4GB Windforce  Case-Sentey Gs-6008 Plus Stealth  Sorage-WD Black 1tb HDD + SanDisk SSD 250GB  PSU-Sentey 750w 80 Plus Bronze  Cooling-Corsair Hydro Series H60  CPU-Intel Core i5-4690K

xD i don't think that will all fit into the case!

Changing the case to a thermal take level 10

For such a high end build, I would recommend upgrading to SLI 980ti's - makes no sense to do 970s on something that expensive.  Also consider X99 - for whatever you are doing, the 4 additional cores may be worth it over the better single threaded performance of the 6700k - especially if you can overclock the 5960x

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

For such a high end build, I would recommend upgrading to SLI 980ti's - makes no sense to do 970s on something that expensive.  Also consider X99 - for whatever you are doing, the 4 additional cores may be worth it over the better single threaded performance of the 6700k - especially if you can overclock the 5960x

It's mainly gaming and streaming :/

It's mainly gaming and streaming :/

then totally go 5960x.  It's a beast of a chip and Linus has proven that it will do better than a "normal" i7, especially when running games, streams, and possibly encodes all at once.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Only issue with gtx980 is that it goes 970 500$ then 980ti single 1300$

then totally go 5960x.  It's a beast of a chip and Linus has proven that it will do better than a "normal" i7, especially when running games, streams, and possibly encodes all at once.

Fuck that means I'll have to get a motherboard that isn't any where as nice as the Asus Maximus hero alpha VIII cause that thing is sexy. :/

Btw why is every calling this build a troll?

Btw why is every calling this build a troll?

Because at first glance it looks totally overkill and like you just loaded it with options.  For example, 4 SSDs and 2 6 TB HDD is pretty damn extreme.  Most people will just assume that's a troll, especially when you listed software too (never seen that done before)

Because at first glance it looks totally overkill and like you just loaded it with options.  For example, 4 SSDs and 2 6 TB HDD is pretty damn extreme.  Most people will just assume that's a troll, especially when you listed software too (never seen that done before)

Oh well I mean the storage was because of the option of 6 storage slots on the thermal take level 10 lmao oh well and software well it was an option so I did it but you can see my issue with getting 980ti's?