Windows 10 be Wonky AF!

Ophidio

Has anyone else noticed that if you don't have Windows 10 up to date and it knows theres some sort of update that it starts being screwy? Like Windows 10 why you make every update life or death situation... Just had every audio device on my computer stop working then I updated Windows 10 and everything started working fine again. I just don't understand why Windows 10 wants to mess with my emotions. It's bad enough CSGO messes with my emotions I don't need Windows doing the same thing. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Slightly more wonky than 8.1, but hard to notice. Mostly happens when I haven't restarted my computer for 3 days straight.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Windows 10 randomly decided that it would change my custom colour from purple to grey a couple of days ago - had to go into the control panel and redo it. Every time I update to a new build (TP or stable) it resets my SoundBlaster Z settings and removes some diagnostic programs for no reason. An old TP build had a serious bug where some games would throw the PC into halt and catch fire (heh not really) and throw a "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" blue screen. It wasn't specific to certain games but it was random what game would cause it. Luckily that's been fixed now.

Other than that though I'm happy with Windows 10, especially considering I got a legal copy for free for being an Insider.

Windows 10 randomly decided that it would change my custom colour from purple to grey a couple of days ago - had to go into the control panel and redo it. Every time I update to a new build (TP or stable) it resets my SoundBlaster Z settings and removes some diagnostic programs for no reason. An old TP build had a serious bug where some games would throw the PC into halt and catch fire (heh not really) and throw a "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" blue screen. It wasn't specific to certain games but it was random what game would cause it. Luckily that's been fixed now.

Other than that though I'm happy with Windows 10, especially considering I got a legal copy for free for being an Insider.

Yeah I'm really happy with it. I love it actually, just makes me mad how everytime it's not completely up to date my computer starts acting stupid as fuck. Install the updates and everything is fine. It just gets annoying how that's a thing. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Yeah I'm really happy with it. I love it actually, just makes me mad how everytime it's not completely up to date my computer starts acting stupid as fuck. Install the updates and everything is fine. It just gets annoying how that's a thing. 

It's a strange thing you're experiencing though, it doesn't really make sense. I guess the update tries to install in the background but gets stuck because system resources it needs to change are being used, and so it either forces them to stop or just gives up and leaves some stuff updated and some not - just a complete guess though. To be honest though, I haven't actually seen any updates except new Insider builds. *shrug*