Hide "Activate Windows" Watermark?

iamdarkyoshi

Edit: I use windows 10

This watermark is really annoying. I can do everything fine on the PC, including setting my wallpaper with dualwallpaper. However, this watermark is just really bothersome.

I cannot activate this machine due to micrapsoft refusing to help me. I RMAed my motherboard, and this is what caused the OS to loose activation, and I have tried multiple times to get them to fix it and just gave up on them.

What can I do to make the watermark invisible? Is there some sort of setting I can apply that will just make it completely transparent?

Please do not suggest piracy, as piracy is unethical. Mods, feel free to lock this thread if trying to hide the watermark is also unethical/against CoC. Thanks.

This watermark is really annoying. I can do everything fine on the PC, including setting my wallpaper with dualwallpaper. However, this watermark is just really bothersome.

I cannot activate this machine due to micrapsoft refusing to help me. I RMAed my motherboard, and this is what caused the OS to loose activation, and I have tried multiple times to get them to fix it and just gave up on them.

What can I do to make the watermark invisible? Is there some sort of setting I can apply that will just make it completely transparent?

Please do not suggest piracy, as piracy is unethical. Mods, feel free to lock this thread if trying to hide the watermark is also unethical/against CoC. Thanks.

If you upgraded to Win 10 they should be able to reactivate the installation as long as you have the original license key of whatever OS you upgraded from. Have you tried offering to tell them you valid license key?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Is your background black? If not, go to the start menum right click "Computer", and click "properties". For some reason this should hide it. (windows 7)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

If you upgraded to Win 10 they should be able to reactivate the installation as long as you have the original license key of whatever OS you upgraded from. Have you tried offering to tell them you valid license key?

I upgraded to 10 from a PC that did not have a sticker, then used magicaljellybean keyfinder to find my windows 10 "upgraded" key, formatted the SSD, and did a fresh install with the "upgraded" key. So I have no records of the original key.

I upgraded to 10 from a PC that did not have a sticker, then used magicaljellybean keyfinder to find my windows 10 "upgraded" key, formatted the SSD, and did a fresh install with the "upgraded" key. So I have no records of the original key.

THIS IS A JOB FOR.. @TheCovertCamper

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Edit: I use windows 10

An option: http://betanews.com/2015/08/20/remove-the-desktop-watermark-from-windows-10-build-10525/

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ah, well that might be your problem. You should have used BelArc Advisor to log the non-upgraded license key. Don't know what to tell you now.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I don't know what you've been talking about, but I've had my W7 license keys reset multiple times and installed them on multiple bits of hardware throughout the years. Just use their online help center, let them know you bought a new motherboard because the old one failed and they usually help reactivate your keys. 

Call Microsoft, their basic support should be able to help you. If not, PM me.

Call Microsoft, their basic support should be able to help you. If not, PM me.

I have tried online chat about 4 times and I have called twice. Usually it takes them half an hour to even realize what OS I am using, even though I mentioned it multiple times in the beginning of the chat, and their phone reps (at least the ones I have dealt with) need to learn proper english...

I have tried online chat about 4 times and I have called twice. Usually it takes them half an hour to even realize what OS I am using, even though I mentioned it multiple times in the beginning of the chat, and their phone reps (at least the ones I have dealt with) need to learn proper english...

v-2jisi@Microsoft.com  Shoot him an email