Must Have Games

beach_boy98

I am starting my steam library at Christmas when I get my new GPU. I have basically nothing in my library other than like TF2. I have about £35 to spend so about $50. Make a few recommendations I have no idea where to start. Thanks beach.

CS:GO definitely

GTA V is good, but it's only worth it if you get it for $30 imo (you can get it for this price at g2a.com)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

the witcher 3, gta 5, csgo, bf4. idk its really a subjective thing and which game genre your like best

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

CS:GO definitely

GTA V is good, but it's only worth it if you get it for $30 imo

Got it for $30 on 16 Dec. Midweek Madness FTW.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

The Witcher 3, Battlefield 4 Premium Edition, I've heard Fallout 4 was fun, Dying Light, that's all I can think of right now.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Fallout 4 on G2A or smth.

Set for this christmaaaaaaas.

Would any of the old fallouts be worth it?

Would any of the old fallouts be worth it?

You could get 3 and NV on a bundle!

Got it for $30 on 16 Dec. Midweek Madness FTW.

I legit bought the game like 5 days before that for the full $60... I was so salty at steam lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

maybe find some cheap indie games.

- zachtronics makes AMAZING puzzle games.

- TUG is certainly worth a look if you're into sandbox games. its basicly minecraft without the blockyness, and a much more interesting crafting mechanism.

- viscera cleanup detail is certainly a game worth looking at if you're into masochism and cleaning with friends. (because you might as well slap yourself with a wooden beam when playing this game with friends)

- TUG is certainly worth a look if you're into sandbox games. its basicly minecraft without the blockyness, and a much more interesting crafting mechanism.

- viscera cleanup detail is certainly a game worth looking at if you're into masochism and cleaning with friends. (because you might as well slap yourself with a wooden beam when playing this game with friends)

:o!

Now he can mop for hours to come!

Thanks that TUG games looks quite cool. Cleaning is not my style.

Thanks that TUG games looks quite cool. Cleaning is not my style.

gonna warn you tho, the devs are very clear with it being in alpha state:

"stuff WILL break"

gonna warn you tho, the devs are very clear with it being in alpha state:

"stuff WILL break"

I am use to that with modded minecraft cause that thing is buggy.

Find games on Instant Gaming it's really cheap

Wait for the Steam Winter Sale, apparently starting on the 22nd.

I am starting my steam library at Christmas when I get my new GPU. I have basically nothing in my library other than like TF2. I have about £35 to spend so about $50. Make a few recommendations I have no idea where to start. Thanks beach.

I'd recommend Squad or Killing floor 2. Squad is a more fun version of Arma 3 essentially. Killing floor 2 is a good co op game. Alos, check out rocket league if you are looking for some car/sports fun 

All prices I list are sale prices I've seen on the Steam store. The prices are all USD based, sorry don't know the prices in Pounds off of the top of my head for these. The Steam sale supposedly starts on the 22nd, so it's almost here!

Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout NV Ultimate Edition should be around $6.79 each when the Steam Winter sale starts. I personally prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas, but they both have their positives and negatives.

Skyrim Legendary Edition should be around $9.99, that's pretty much a steal for a game that has lasted so long with modding and people playing it for literally hundreds of hours. This is probably the perfect time to get into Skyrim, play it without mods, and then play it with mods and be able to put enough time into it before the next Elder Scrolls game comes out(unannounced so far, but we all know it's coming eventually).

There's a "Valve Complete Pack", which has been around $24.99 as of late during sales. This pack includes every single Valve game created to date, the top games in this pack are Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. If you don't want to spend $24.99 for the whole pack, then definitely consider getting CSGO($7.49), Portal 2($3.99), and/or Left 4 Dead 2($3.99) separately. Don't bother getting the first Left 4 Dead because L4D2 already includes the first L4D campaign and maps integrated into the game.

Also you can check out Garry's Mod($2.49), it's a sandbox game that has tons of mods you can download to mess around in however way you want. Tons of community servers are made for this game that are based off of 3rd party game modes, stuff like Prop Hunt(you become an item in the game world on a map, try to blend in to not get killed!), TroubleinTerroristTown(random people are chosen as terrorists and the innocent people have to figure out who's a terrorist), there's also Zombie game modes and roleplaying game modes. However, a lot of these servers use assets from Counter-Strike: Source, so you'll have to buy and download CS:S if you want to play these more popular game modes.

Insurgency is great if you're into semi-realistic first-person shooters. It's $2.24 right now and will probably be that same price during the sale. Really good game, constant updates from the developers, but it can be hard to get into. Definitely don't go into this game thinking it's Call of Duty or even Battlefield. It's a completely different ballpark.

Rocket League is incredibly fun, think cars playing football(soccer). Definitely recommend using a controller(I use a wired Xbox 360 controller). This game is a bit more recent, so the lowest sale I've seen is $13.99 on Steam.

Risk of Rain is a great little Indie game, usually on sale for $2.49. It's more of a platformer game with managing your power-up pickups and trying not to die.

Ori and the Blind Forest is a side-scrolling RPG, very fun and has an interesting story to it. Its lowest discount was $4.99, but I believe that was an error, so expect the game to be around $9.99 this sale.

Spelunky can be tons of fun, but it's very unforgiving. There's people who have put hundreds of hours into this game because it's technically "endless" with the randomly generated levels. This game usually goes for $3.74.

Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux are very good games. They are based in Russia, and everyone lives underground. Want to know why? Play the games and find out! These games are based off of books and have a very interesting plot line. Gunplay and gameplay mechanics are absolutely amazing. You can get both of these games in the Metro Redux Bundle, the games individually usually go for $4.99 each, but the bundle gets discounted to $7.49 as well.

The Bioshock Triple Pack is pretty much a steal at it's usual discounted price of $10.19. If you haven't played any of the Bioshock games, now is the time. Each one of them I loved in different ways. All of them have negatives, but their positives completely make-up for it.

If you want a horror game, Outlast will probably get you that fix real quick. I've seen this game get as low as $3.99, but expect $4.99 this sale. It's been very rare of them to discount it below $4.99 as of late.

Another one to throw in is Just Cause 2. It's a huge open world that is basically a sandbox for you to do whatever you want in when you don't want to be bothered by the main story or side quests. $3.74 has been the price as of late, also the DLC isn't worth it at all. There's also a multiplayer mod for the game, which aimed to allow 100+ people on a single server doing whatever they want in the same world. Not sure if the mod is still popular, but it was very fun when I played it a while back.

Now, this isn't Steam, but EA created their own client called "Origin". That's where they sell all of their games like The Sims and Battlefield. The reason I mention this is because Battlefield 4 Premium Edition(the base game+all DLC) is $19.99 on sale right now which is pretty much a steal in my opinion if you like Battlefield. Most people really hate using a separate client just for a game or two, but I thought I'd mention this just in case you were interested in Battlefield or other EA games and weren't sure if they were available on PC.

That's all I can really recommend/mention right now. If you're interested in what kind of servers and population a game has, you can check GameTracker for that, great website.

Also if you're interested in where you can get games for cheaper, you can check out;

• GreenManGaming, some people lately don't find this site to be trustworthy, but I've never had an issue with it personally and I've ordered around 15 games from there. Just be sure to see what kind of key you're getting. If it's a EA game you're going to get a Origin key, if it's a Ubisoft game you'll get a UPlay key(their client), and if it's anything else you'll probably get a Steam key.
  • GoodOldGames, this store mostly has older games, but all of their games are DRM-free, so once you buy them, just download the installer and play, no account verification, no signing in after downloading the game, etc. Once you buy the game, it's yours.
  • HumbleBundle, use this site for their bundles. You can rack up tons of Steam games with them(mostly Indie games), but you can choose how much you want to pay(minimum $1 for Steam keys, and there's minimum pricing tiers for some levels of the bundles), also you can choose where your money goes; to the developer(s) of the game(s), to the HumbleBundle staff, or all to the charity the bundle is representing OR you can do an even split and give all three groups the same amount! They also have storefront where 10% of proceeds go to a charity, oh and they don't just do games, they have audio book bundles as well.

Best of luck with choosing what you want! If you have any questions feel free to quote/reply or even send me a PM!