Confused about fan speed/performance

Psyclon13
Go to solution Solved by agent_x007,

With only 29/44C on 40% FAN's, U would need A LOT of airflow to get it moving down.
Why ?
Because with aircooling, it's all about the temperature difference between the heatsink and the air moving around it.

Try doing OCCT PSU test (or any other test that can max out heat output from GPU + CPU combo), and then compare case fan settings.

I'm guessing that U wanted to see something like this : LINK, but with idle temps.
FYI : It can't happend because of physics.
But U can try comparing 29/44C temps, to situation when U cool the air that goes into the computer with ACU.
It sould produced the result U wanted (also : no FAN settings change required ;)).

Hello!

My current setup includes: NZXT Phantom 530 (with the stock 200/140 mm fans), i5-4690k + Hyper T4 (no OC yet), Sapphire R9 390.

I keep the fan hub switch to "Low", i.e. 40% fan speed. At this setting, according to HWMonitor and AIDA64, the CPU and GPU idle temperatures are 29 and 44 decrees Celsius, respectively (which I think is perfectly fine). Just out of curiosity I decided to check the temperatures at "High", i.e. 100% fan speed. In the course of 5 minutes there was no change whatsoever. I did not expect any substantial difference, but no change whatsoever??? There is audible and visible difference in fan RPM after the speed change, so I presume all connections are OK. Why would there be no change in temperature?

GPU fans on the Nitro 390 stay off bellow 60*C - no amount of case fans an change that

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

With only 29/44C on 40% FAN's, U would need A LOT of airflow to get it moving down.
Why ?
Because with aircooling, it's all about the temperature difference between the heatsink and the air moving around it.

Try doing OCCT PSU test (or any other test that can max out heat output from GPU + CPU combo), and then compare case fan settings.

I'm guessing that U wanted to see something like this : LINK, but with idle temps.
FYI : It can't happend because of physics.
But U can try comparing 29/44C temps, to situation when U cool the air that goes into the computer with ACU.
It sould produced the result U wanted (also : no FAN settings change required ;)).

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

That makes a metric ton of sense. Ah, physics, aren't thou a heartless b*tch! :)

Thanks!