Elite: Dangerous Horizons Standalone Game?

MDPS
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

Hi LTT,

I've been looking to get Elite: Dangerous for a while, but figured I'd wait for the (as I thought) DLC package of Horizons and get a bundle or something. But now that I see that Horizons is a standalone game apart from Elite: Dangerous, I have a few questions.

If you only get Horizons, do you simply not get to do the space portion of the game anymore and just land stuff? Or does it include everything and is just a separate updated version? If its the first, what limitations are there?

I'm just confused about how it's been set up is all.

Thanks!

-MDPS

It includes the base game in the price. It integrates like an "Add-On".

If you just buy Horizons by itself, you get the original game too, and they work together seamlessly.

Hi LTT,

I've been looking to get Elite: Dangerous for a while, but figured I'd wait for the (as I thought) DLC package of Horizons and get a bundle or something. But now that I see that Horizons is a standalone game apart from Elite: Dangerous, I have a few questions.

If you only get Horizons, do you simply not get to do the space portion of the game anymore and just land stuff? Or does it include everything and is just a separate updated version? If its the first, what limitations are there?

Thanks!

-MDPS

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Hi LTT,

Thanks!

-MDPS

If you just buy Horizons by itself, you get the original game too, and they work together seamlessly.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Okay thanks. Was unsure if you needed to get both and they're seperate yet fully functional games. Thanks again!

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Okay thanks. Was unsure if you needed to get both and they're seperate yet fully functional games. Thanks again!

When playing Horizons, you still play with original Elite players as well, they just can't follow you to the surface or use the new ships, etc :)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)