Monitors losing signal? CPU, fans, RAM? What's the issue?

[sOLVED]

Hi guys,

So bare with me, although I've built a couple of PC's, I still consider myself a noob in the field.

The issue is a weird one. So sometime after I've turned on my PC (after ~6 hours) the monitors will lose signal. Unplugging video cables and pluging them back in wont work, and even when I restart the PC the signal loss occurs quicker (after around 30 minutes).

Solution is to turn of power completely for a lengthy period of time which would allow me to use the the PC for a longer time before the signal loss occurs. Sometimes when the PC goes into screensaver, I cannot get the signal back after shaking the mouse or typing on the keyboard which is also strange.

So I don't know what exactly is causing this issue, or what can be done to help fix it. Any help is much appreciated. :)

PC Specs:

• Corsair Obsidian Series 800D 
  • Intel Core i7-3930K 
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i 
  • 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K Solid State Disk
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 
  • 1 TB WD Black Hard Drive
  • 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3/1600mhz (Kingston HyperX Blu)
  • Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 Chipset
  • CoolerMaster 1000watt Silent Pro M2 Modular PSU

Hi guys,

So bare with me, although I've built a couple of PC's, I still consider myself a noob in the field.

The issue is a weird one. So sometime after I've turned on my PC (after ~6 hours) the monitors will lose signal. Unplugging video cables and pluging them back in wont work, and even when I restart the PC the signal loss occurs quicker (after around 30 minutes).

Solution is to turn of power completely for a lengthy period of time which would allow me to use the the PC for a longer time before the signal loss occurs. Sometimes when the PC goes into screensaver, I cannot get the signal back after shaking the mouse or typing on the keyboard which is also strange.

So I don't know what exactly is causing this issue, or what can be done to help fix it. Any help is much appreciated. :)

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3930K 

Do you have a graphics card and if so what is it?

Intel Core i7-6700K | EK-XLC Predator 360 | Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB | Intel 600p Series 256Gb M.2 280 | PNY GTX 1070 XLR8 | NZXT H440 Black/Red| LG29UM68-P | Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold | 

Gotta Go Fast       - Barrack Obama 2015

If the LEDs for num/caps/scroll-locks turn on and off when you hit the keys after losing picture, the computer didn't crash. But if they don't, it did. Looking into this helps a lot when you're trying to figure out if you just lost the image or if the machine crashed.

EDIT: Since a cool-down period is required after the crash, you're probably battling with overheating.

Hi guys,

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3930K 

could it be the monitor overheating and shutting down to prevent components damage?

• 1 month later...

If the LEDs for num/caps/scroll-locks turn on and off when you hit the keys after losing picture, the computer didn't crash. But if they don't, it did. Looking into this helps a lot when you're trying to figure out if you just lost the image or if the machine crashed.

EDIT: Since a cool-down period is required after the crash, you're probably battling with overheating.

could it be the monitor overheating and shutting down to prevent components damage?

Ok guys, thanks for the help! Took me some time since I just got back home after a long break. 

I fixed the issue, and it turns out the issue was as trivial as a loose power cord on the GPU. *facepalm*