Problem with my mouse (R.A.T 7 MMO)

CALBIX

Hi Guys.

So I have this problem with my mouse witch Im not sure how to fix and as we all know the RAT 7 isint a common mouse and its going to be my last so onto the problem.

Im having problems where 2/4 times my mouse sensor starts to stutter non of the other mouse I have does this.

All drivers are up to date and the mouse is 3 years old.

Unfortunately, back 4 or 5 years ago the RAT was a fine mouse, until MadCatz bought the company out. Since then the RAT series was moved to a much cheaper fab, and less reliable sensors, switches, and materials were used to bring the cost down, but the price stayed the same.

The mouse is probably just dying, the rat 7 i bought last year died in 6 months from moderate use, the sensor just literally stopped working. However, the rat I bought nearly 5 years ago still works perfectly today, with crisp clicks and accurate tracking.

There's nothing we can do to help you, other than say something along the lines of, "you'll have to buy a new mouse."

I'm currently using a 

Mionix Naos 7000 and loving it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

its a R.A.T they are awful in build quality, its broken 

I believe you, I have had alot of trouble with these mice so.

Unfortunately, back 4 or 5 years ago the RAT was a fine mouse, until MadCatz bought the company out. Since then the RAT series was moved to a much cheaper fab, and less reliable sensors, switches, and materials were used to bring the cost down, but the price stayed the same.

The mouse is probably just dying, the rat 7 i bought last year died in 6 months from moderate use, the sensor just literally stopped working. However, the rat I bought nearly 5 years ago still works perfectly today, with crisp clicks and accurate tracking.

There's nothing we can do to help you, other than say something along the lines of, "you'll have to buy a new mouse."

I'm currently using a 

Mionix Naos 7000 and loving it.

The sensor died on my RAT 3 I think and then I returned it for a RAT 7 MMO 

The sensor died on my RAT 3 I think and then I returned it for a RAT 7 MMO 

That first RAT 7 i bought 5 years ago was the first premium mouse I had bought, so the brand holds a special place in my heart for some reason. However today, and for a long time now I would not recommend them to anyone looking for anything like a premium experience.

Not much we can do now, but w/e

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

That first RAT 7 i bought 5 years ago was the first premium mouse I had bought, so the brand holds a special place in my heart for some reason. However today, and for a long time now I would not recommend them to anyone looking for anything like a premium experience.

Not much we can do now, but w/e

They do hold a special place in our hearts I placed mine in its box with all its parts lol it looks brand new so why not?

My 5 year old RAT is still working fine, dont know about the newer ones they seem to be very flaky

My 5 year old RAT is still working fine, dont know about the newer ones they seem to be very flaky

Do you have the Cyborg type if so that might be it I know one of my friends has a Cyborg and it has been working for a long time now 4-5 years i think so yes.

Im sitting here with a MadCatz brand and it suck 2 of these mice has died on me!

Do you have the Cyborg type if so that might be it I know one of my friends has a Cyborg and it has been working for a long time now 4-5 years i think so yes.

Im sitting here with a MadCatz brand and it suck 2 of these mice has died on me!

Yes the Cyborg one, i got a G700s that crapped out and my RAT is still working after 5 years

IMO, and i'm stressing the IMO, It's one of the most amazing looking mouses ever conceived, the damn thing looked like an Aventador, before Lamborghini even made the Aventador.

Yes the Cyborg one, i got a G700s that crapped out and my RAT is still working after 5 years

IMO, and i'm stressing the IMO, It's one of the most amazing looking mouses ever conceived, the damn thing looked like an Aventador, before Lamborghini even made the Aventador.

It does, But its sad that MadCatz ruined it and you cant buy cyborgs anymore