How long does it take to get used to a new mouse sens?

Michael Rahmani

I played CSGO with 800 dpi and 5.75 in game sens for about 3 months, but all the pros recommend to use a low sens, so I bought a huge mouse pad (qck+) and lowered the sens to 1.125. I practiced the new sens with bots (in an aim map) for 40 minutes then joined a competitive lobby. I was bottom fragging with only 4 kills in the entire game. In addition, my spray control and cross-hair placement went to shit and I didn't really check corners. How long does it usually take to get used to a new low sens and rebuild muscle memory for it? Thanks in advance!

Edit: forgot to mention I was using my wrist to aim with the low sens but with the higher I move my arm to aim.

Don't lower it all at once, that's nearly impossible. Lower it a tiny bit every day or two, then it's much faster.

I play 800 dpi with 1.3 sens, so you probably overshot too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

wow, really? I was hoping it would only take a couple of days.

depends on how much you play and how big the difference is,maybe don't directly change the sens to a fifth^^

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

wow, really? I was hoping it would only take a couple of days.

Like 1-2 days. Depends on what and how long u do.

Don't lower it all at once, that's nearly impossible. Lower it a tiny bit every day or two, then it's much faster.

I play 800 dpi with 1.3 sens, so you probably overshot too.

Yeah that was my original thinking as well but then I thought that it would be more difficult to have to get used to a new sens every day.

Yeah that was my original thinking as well but then I thought that it would be more difficult to have to get used to a new sens every day.

nope, you barely notice it changing and it goes down and down and down. It took me half a year to lower from 2.1 to 1.3 tho.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

depends on how much you play and how big the difference is,maybe don't directly change the sens to a fifth^^

I play about 3 hours a day on weekdays and 5 hours a day on weekends. I changed it to 1.125 not a fifth. 

nope, you barely notice it changing and it goes down and down and down. It took me half a year to lower from 2.1 to 1.3 tho.

Ok, so I think I might try that method and see how it goes.

I play about 3 hours a day on weekdays and 5 hours a day on weekends. I changed it to 1.125 not a fifth. 

1.125 is a fifth of 5.75

Spoiler