Free motion tracking video software

montyrule

Hey, 

So i would like to do some motion tracking on a video (Something like this

). But I have already expended my free trial of After Effects, so is there a free program that will allow me to do this?

Something Awesome!

Hey, 

So i would like to do some motion tracking on a video (Something like this

). But I have already expended my free trial of After Effects, so is there a free program that will allow me to do this?

MatchMover is a free app made by Autodesk that might do what you are asking, although I'm not sure if you can use the files it outputs, depending on what you are doing with the path.

Here is the help manual for that software: Help Manual

Here is a link to the help manual where it explains what it exports to: Export Formats

And here is the link to where you can download it: Download Site

Also, here is the link to the Blender tracking help/tutorial pages: Motion Tracking Index

If you are looking to add tracked objects into your scene, then I would suggest using blender, as without another piece of 3D animation software, it would be difficult to make it work.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

You can get Davinci Resolve 12 and Fusion 7 Studio for free, and they are professional

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Blender is great, but a little complex. There are some good tutorials but if you're having issues I can help. I made a basic tutorial for a community member here (It's the comment at the very bottom of the page) and if you have any questions about tracking in blender, I can help.

Cheers, i'll check that out

Something Awesome!

MatchMover is a free app made by Autodesk that might do what you are asking, although I'm not sure if you can use the files it outputs, depending on what you are doing with the path.

Here is the help manual for that software: Help Manual

Here is a link to the help manual where it explains what it exports to: Export Formats

And here is the link to where you can download it: Download Site

Also, here is the link to the Blender tracking help/tutorial pages: Motion Tracking Index

If you are looking to add tracked objects into your scene, then I would suggest using blender, as without another piece of 3D animation software, it would be difficult to make it work.

Thanks for the long and detail response, ill have a look at the program.  

Something Awesome!

You can get Davinci Resolve 12 and Fusion 7 Studio for free, and they are professional

Oh nice, i'll have a gander at them 

Something Awesome!

Oh yeah... totally forgot about Fusion, btw the current version is Fusion 8, not 7

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Thanks very much!

You're welcome.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)