Windows 10 not able to install

BelgiumCastGijs

Hey everyone!

I just built my new pc but I have a problem with setting up the RAID for the windows drive...

I have configured 2 samsung 850 evo 250GB ssds in RAID 0 on the X99-DELUXE/U3.1 motherboard but when I have to select the drive to install windows on, it gives this message: Windows cannot be installed on this drive,. The hardware from this computer doesn't suport booting from this drive. Make sure the drive controller is enabled in the BIOS menu.

When I press f8 to select the device to boot from, it isn't there... I configured the sata ports as RAID, made sure both are enabled and made the RAID volume just like you would normally. Both the SSD's are connected to SATA 6G ports, port 0 and 1 to be exact.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

-Gijs

Hey everyone!

I just built my new pc but I have a problem with setting up the RAID for the windows drive...

I have configured 2 samsung 850 evo 250GB ssds in RAID 0 on the X99-DELUXE/U3.1 motherboard but when I have to select the drive to install windows on, it gives this message: Windows cannot be installed on this drive,. The hardware from this computer doesn't suport booting from this drive. Make sure the drive controller is enabled in the BIOS menu.

When I press f8 to select the device to boot from, it isn't there... I configured the sata ports as RAID, made sure both are enabled and made the RAID volume just like you would normally. Both the SSD's are connected to SATA 6G ports, port 0 and 1 to be exact.

Thanks in advance!

-Gijs

Did you make sure that your RAID is set as a bootable device in your BIOS. I havent done much in the X99 boards but there may be an option in there that allows you to run SATA as RAID. Might want to check that.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Did you make sure that your RAID is set as a bootable device in your BIOS. I havent done much in the X99 boards but there may be an option in there that allows you to run SATA as RAID. Might want to check that.

The RAID config states that it's bootable... Really not sure where to problem is here...

The RAID config states that it's bootable... Really not sure where to problem is here...

Yeah im not sure either. You can see the raid is working correct? I am not sure how you would test that. Maybe run a linux live usb on it and see if it actually exists? Im not much help here unfortunately. 

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Yeah im not sure either. You can see the raid is working correct? I am not sure how you would test that. Maybe run a linux live usb on it and see if it actually exists? Im not much help here unfortunately. 

The weird part is that the windows setup detects the volume, it just doesn't recognise it as bootable

The weird part is that the windows setup detects the volume, it just doesn't recognise it as bootable

Can you format it? I know these is an option to do so, maybe thats the issue? Although windows SHOULD format the drives....

Can you format it? I know these is an option to do so, maybe thats the issue? Although windows SHOULD format the drives....

I foramtted it, and even entirely cleared the volume using the command thing... So it's entirely empty

I foramtted it, and even entirely cleared the volume using the command thing... So it's entirely empty

Hmm i dont know. Im at a loss here.

Same here... might look a bit further... wish me luck ;-)

Yes good luck for sure. Maybe a BIOS update will help you out!

Hmm i dont know. Im at a loss here.

Coumd it be that i have to install the intel ISRT driver from the usb stick? I found somewhere that that sould solve it but I can't find it on the usb stick

Coumd it be that i have to install the intel ISRT driver from the usb stick? I found somewhere that that sould solve it but I can't find it on the usb stick

I dont think so. That should only be used in windows after the installation. I could be wrong but that shouldnt bother it. I would definitely make sure your BIOS is up to date. Other than that, make sure Windows has installed correctly on the USB for installation.

Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance!

-Gijs

Have you installed the driver for the raid setup?