GTX 780 ti crashes after or during driver install! Can't boot into windows 10 after crash!

I recently had problems with pc and had to reinstall windows 10. I have a Gtx 780 ti graphics card and when I try to install the graphic driver the screen goes blank and after a couple of minutes the computer crashes. When rebooting, the windows 10 spinning dots appear and after that a black screen for 5 minutes and simply crashes.

Specs of my system

CPU : Core i7-2600K

Graphics card : Zotac Geforce Gtx 780 ti

Motherboard : Asus Z68 V PRO/GEN 3

BIOS : 3101 [America Megatrends]

PSU: 700W Corsair

RAM : G Skill 8 GB

Drivers I have tried to install : 353.62, 359.06

The issue is black screen after trying to install the driver. I had to reinstall windows 10 because the driver badly corrupted all the files when it crashed.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this! Windows 10 update doesn't fair any better! The version of the driver windows 10 update is trying to install is 358.91.

I have tried to install the drivers in windows 8 but the same problem happens. The graphic card and driver had no problem working in windows 10 a couple of weeks back! It started crashing now for some odd reason! Without the graphic card driver it works fine.

I have attached a photo of how it look after trying to install the driver!post-294315-0-73081500-1450258419_thumb.

It only happens after installing the driver! It was working completely fine for the last year. Crashes started happening after the windows 10 update. I haven't even overclocked it.

It only happens after installing the driver! It was working completely fine for the last year. Crashes started happening after the windows 10 update. I haven't even overclocked it.

Try your system's onboard graphics (if it has any) or a different gpu. If that works, get into windows, open Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card drivers. Does this happen as soon as the system is turned on or do you see the BIOS on screen first?

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Try your system's onboard graphics (if it has any) or a different gpu. If that works, get into windows, open Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card drivers. Does this happen as soon as the system is turned on or do you see the BIOS on screen first?

I have tried the system gpu. It works fine. The problem is when I try to install the driver for nvidia graphic card. I have read in some forums that after installing the graphic card the on board graphics should be disabled. I have done that but nothing seems to work!

The system starts up fine showing bios info but when it tried to load windows 10 wierd lines appear and the system crashes as in the photo.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Does an older version of the drivers work? If so... just run that. Not sure if it's pooping the bed on you or what. I'm sleepy but go to nvidias website instead of the geforce update and when you install that driver there is a way to have it do a fresh clean install... I've been up about 20 hours. Do some googling and try that. 

Try it on another

Don't have another pc! Could have tested it that way.

Does an older version of the drivers work? If so... just run that. Not sure if it's pooping the bed on you or what. I'm sleepy but go to nvidias website instead of the geforce update and when you install that driver there is a way to have it do a fresh clean install... I've been up about 20 hours. Do some googling and try that.

I have tried to install old drivers but the effect is the same. I have been trying to fix this for 3 days now. I stripped down the pc, checked the connections, checked the pci express slot and reinstalled the os. I am running out of options on what to do! I have google and read through forums where people seems to have the same problem and tried thier fix to no avail!