ipad 2?

fsnfms

is ipad 2 worth a 250$?? gonna use it for basic entertaining and sketches or drawings to import it into revit. 350$ for ipad 3 was quite pricey so.. asking you guys if 2 is still powerful and useful and worth it

ipad one still runs everything fine since the first day it came out and I picked it up, so I'd say yes.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

If you are sketching you might want the retina display of the 3 (or the even more high res "iPad with retina display"), but if you can handle the lower screen res then it should be plenty good for what you want. The only difference I've actually noticed after using the two is battery life which seems much better on the 3

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

My school had iPad 2's and the screen resolution is terrible and the iPad is so heavy, so I wouldn't recommend it

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

My school had iPad 2's and the screen resolution is terrible and the iPad is so heavy, so I wouldn't recommend it

Heavy? For a tablet its really not that bad on the weight size. I don't notice a difference unless it's out of its case or I'm holding it with one hand, but you should never do either of those things anyways.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

Heavy? For a tablet its really not that bad on the weight size. I don't notice a difference unless it's out of its case or I'm holding it with one hand, but you should never do either of those things anyways.

My sisters Galaxy Tab 10.1 is way lighter but it is also out of his budget

If you are sketching you might want the retina display of the 3 (or the even more high res "iPad with retina display"), but if you can handle the lower screen res then it should be plenty good for what you want. The only difference I've actually noticed after using the two is battery life which seems much better on the 3

WHATTTTT?

I have BOTH iPad 2 AND 3.

And iPad 2 has a MUCH better battery, even Linus has a 2 and says it's battery is better then 3

Screen resolution is NOT TERRIBLE. And the iPad 2 is NOT heavy. 3 and 4 are much heavier.

I would say $250 is a good price for a iPad 2, got mine for 500 still LOVE IT and so does Linus (although he did lose it for a day or so!)

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

My sisters Galaxy Tab 10.1 is way lighter but it is also out of his budget

But when you put on a case the difference isn't very noticeable. Plus if you are sketching with it then you will have it supported by something so weight won't be a problem. 

WHATTTTT?

And iPad 2 has a MUCH better battery, even Linus has a 2 and says it's battery is better then 3 or even 4

Screen resolution is NOT TERRIBLE. And the iPad 2 is NOT heavy. 3 and 4 are much heavier.

I would say $250 is a good price for a iPad 2, got mine for 500 still LOVE IT and so does Linus (although he did lose it for a day or so!)

I hate the 132 ppi on the iPad 2 at school, the text is soo ugly.  An iPad 3 would be better with the 264 ppi for artwork

But when you put on a case the difference isn't very noticeable. Plus if you are sketching with it then you will have it supported by something so weight won't be a problem. 

My sister has a case and it's still lighter...

WHATTTTT?

And iPad 2 has a MUCH better battery, even Linus has a 2 and says it's battery is better then 3 or even 4

My experience is that the 4 is much better. I've tested them both and over 7-8 hours of use they both died, but the 4 was on 3/4 brightness and the 2 was on the lowest brightness.

Yes, get a iPad 2. It isn't heavy (even lighter then 3 or 4) , has a pretty good display, MUCH better battery then the 3 or 4.

I have both 3 and 2, and I can confirm the better battery, and less weight!

Buttttt....... Do some research and make sure it's what you need.

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

My sister has a case and it's still lighter...

But @fsnfms is using it for light entertainment (video I assume), and sketching. You don't hold the ipad during those activities. You have it resting on something so weight isn't a issue.

I loved my ipad 2  :)

It's battery was probably the best I've seen on a device.

When I had it, I did not feel like I was missing out when the v3 and v4 came out.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I say search harder and try to find an iPad 3

You will really benefit from the screen

But if you don't bother or if you can't find a 3, the 2 will be totally enough

I got to use the original for a few days and battery was excellent and it was powerful enough (although it crashed on Safari a few times) so I reckon the 2 will be very good

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

what's your thoughts on ipad mini vs ipad 2??

iPad mini is so much better its really worth it to get that. Nice and thin and light and portable