Need: Camcorder/Attachable Mic

Hanazaki

Hey Guys of the LTT Forum, ive got a Question and i need your help,

As i want to Improve my YT Channel, i need a Camcorder.

At the Moment im just using the lense of the HTC Sensation Smartphone, which produces medium quality, but nowhere near to satisfy myself, so its time for a Camcorder.

What i need is:

A Camcorder w/ insertable microphone so i dont have to sync Audio and Video manually via Video(Cam) and audio (PC-Recording), id like to prevent that.

720p would be fine, 1080p is a nice feature but not needed, if it hits too hard on pricing

A attachable Mic, this should only be able to indicate if its actually powered, by LED or somewhat. I hate mic that dont tell Power left and go out in middle of filming.

Price: Should be arround the 300, more than 350 would be too much, id like to keep it at the 300 mark, since i want supporting gear somewhere near then.

Thanks for your effort you will put in helping me and i appreciate it.

Sorry for bad spelling

I would like to help you but requesting a camera and a Mic for only 300 it a little crazy, If you want great quality for sound and video I would spend at least 400 on a camera which is probably pushing it still, and for a MIC probably around 50 - 70, I think you need to save up a bit more cash before you look into this,

Hope I helped

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I did some research and found this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/838776-REG/Canon_R300_VIXIA_HF_R300_Full.html

If that's too expensive, here's a full list of cameras with mic input at B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?Q=&PID=3668349&A=endecaSearch&Ns=p_PRICE_2%7C0&ci=1871&AID=10603278&cj=true&N=4294548093+4259332489+4259332488+4165122414&O=&srtclk=sort

Not sure for the mic though... but I'm sure you'll figure it out :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

• 2 months later...

I would find a Sony Handycam in your budget and just get that

Not much beats a Handycam in the consumer area (Perhaps CaNikon, but that's more expensive)

As for external mic, with your budget I wouldn't worry about it right now

Much can be done with an onboard mic, and as long as you have the camera on a tripod and aren't fiddling around with it, you should get a good recording

If you find it produces too much noise that can be fixed in post (Adobe Audition's noise removal feature is great)

When you gain some experience and save up some more money I would get a better audio recording system (Personally I'd get a Zoom H4n or Tascam DR-100)

Better to get a good camera now, and a good audio system later, than to get a mediocre of both now