GPU Coin Mining

I have an old computer with a Pentium G3420 and a HD 5870. I have been interested in coin mining for a while, but I am not sure which digital currency would still be profitable with my GPU (if any). Are there any digital currencies that are GPU-mining only? If so, would they still be profitable with my 5870? Electricity is $0.0998 per kWh in my area.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I have an old computer with a Pentium G3420 and a HD 5870. I have been interested in coin mining for a while, but I am not sure which digital currency would still be profitable with my GPU (if any). Are there any digital currencies that are GPU-mining only? If so, would they still be profitable with my 5870? Electricity is $0.0998 per kWh in my area.

For better or for worse (though I think for better), coin mining is NOT profitable to the average user. The train has LONG left the station.

You can use that hardware for Boinc if you want, but don't spend time mining, it isn't worth it.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Gpus are MUCH more efficient at coin mining , and even they are not viable at doing it.

I would forget it if you don't want to use money.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I'm using my GTX 560 and overclocked i get 101 kH/s on litecoin mining with cudaminer. seeing as you have a radeon card, it might be better. that being said, you're not going to get profit

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Mine altcoins like x11, quark, scrypt-n, cryptonight, etc. Don't mine scrypt (Litecoin) or Sha-256 (Bitcoin) because you won't profit from either without professional equipment (ASICs), a GPU is more efficient at mining then a CPU.

CPU: Intel i5 4590 @ 3.7GHz | Motherboard: H81-M-P33 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: WD Blue JVPX 1TB | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Red Mouse: G502