Sometimes my computer refuses to boot?

jrt6

So when i go to turn on my computer it will POST fine and shows the Gigabyte splash screen but then hangs there. I've noticed it tends to happen after I turn off my UPS (like switching off a surge protector) and then I restore power. Sometimes it even happens if I shut down for the night (but don't cut off the power), and when I go to start it in the morning it does the same thing.

What will happen is I push the power button to turn it on, I see the Gigabyte screen pop up but then it will hang there. Normally, the Gigabyte splash screen will come up and then the windows loading wheel pops up. If I push the reset button it'll instantly boot up normally. Otherwise, when it does boot up it runs just fine and stable even under stress tests and under a gaming load.

The only diagnostic code I see on the motherboard is: A0 (even when it boots normally)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 (I just updated the BIOS, didn't fix it)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1600 16gb kit

Hard drives: Samsung 850 SSD (Windows 10, my first boot device), WD Black 2TB, and a Samsung 840 SSD (Macintosh OSX is on there)

GPU: EVGA GTX970

PSU: Corsair RM750x

Misc: TP-Link PCI-E Wifi card and a Cyberpower 1000VA Pure Sine Wave UPS

What could be causing this? Anything I could do to fix it?

Go into UEFI, find full screen logo and disable it.

What does it say when it freezes?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Try to remove USBs then boot, HP systems seem to haev a similar problem, if that doesn't work come back to us.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Go into UEFI, find full screen logo and disable it.

What does it say when it freezes?

Well that helped me get farther! 

Turns out it may not a BIOS issue but I'm starting to think it's a windows issue. Because now that I disable that, as soon as the BIOS splash screen goes away, it shows the Windows 10 flag and then hangs there until I push the reset button and then it'll boot normally.

I shouldn't have to be resetting my computer just to get it to start every time  :mellow: