Setting up 3D with Acer Predator

ELLYOT
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

Yes you need the glasses and the IR emitter.

Hi there! :)

Wondering if somebody knows the solution to this problem which has been making me scratch my head.

I have an Acer Predator monitor, the XB240H to be exact, which claims to have NVIDIA 3D VISION, but my question is,

Do I actually need to purchase NVIDIA 3D glasses for this to work? I have some Sony 3D glasses for a TV which turn on through a button on the glasses themselves, is this not good enough to hook it up to the monitor to make this 3D vision work?

Also do I need to switch something on 3D option within the monitors settings? If so I can't see shit in the settings, LOL.

Apologies if this has been asked many times but since the people here are real helpful I thought id ask!

(I have had no luck with setting this up through the stereoscopic wizard, most options tell me to connect something through USB, which I don't have to my knowledge).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

its Gsync not 3d

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Ohhh okay!

I'll have to get one of those IR emitter cables online, thanks dude :)

its Gsync not 3d

I mean it has a sticker on the monitor which says NVIDIA 3D VISION and also on the box? It must be, right?

Ohhh okay!

I'll have to get one of those IR emitter cables online, thanks dude :)

I mean it has a sticker on the monitor which says NVIDIA 3D VISION and also on the box? It must be, right?

I cant find anything about 3d on the product page or one retail pages

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It's 3D Capable as it's 120Hz+ but you still need the emitter and glasses.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)