cpu overheating problem

bily1337

So after 3-4 days of inactivity, i started my pc and within 2 min after booting i noticed the fans speeding up to maximum (i had only chrome open) so i panicked and restarted the pc, and it showed me CPU over temperature error, went to bios and CPU Temp was 80-84C, so i removed the cooling block, clean the thermal paste, i apply new one and i boot it up again and again in the bios the temperature of the cpu was rising fast to 80C, after a while a booted up windows again and in the task manager i saw 90-95% CPU usage (keep in mind i didnt open anything i was only on the descktop with task manager) so in processing the app that took most of the cpu was somerhing like " System idle process "

Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone suggest some fix or something about this?

My hardware specs:

Cpu i7 5820

Cooling H100i

Mobo x99 deluxe

I thing thats enough

I didnt put this into water cooling section cuz the fans seems to work fine (and loud) and the LED is working but its channging colors witch is unusual cuz usually it stays green.. So maybe the problem is something around the cooling?

But than why is the CPU showing 90% usage.

This post became too long (sorry)

And no im not overclocking. Eveything is at default.

Has your pump failed?

Has your pump connector come loose/off?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

try using safe mode to see if the cpu usage goes down

and then check your startup processes

if cpu still overheats when usage is low then the pump prob died

Pump most likely died. This is why I prefer air coolers. 

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

I tried linux and safe mode as u said with out cpu load, i couldnt monitor the temperature but i could hear the fans speeding up to maximum again.. :/

Why would the pump die? Ive been using this build litle over a year now, no overclocking no nothing out of the ordinary...

I tried linux and safe mode as u said with out cpu load, i couldnt monitor the temperature but i could hear the fans speeding up to maximum again.. :/

Why would the pump die? Ive been using this build litle over a year now, no overclocking no nothing out of the ordinary...

Sometimes they do just die. If you've not had it long, you can RMA your H100i without too much of a problem. If you want an air cooler instead, the Noctua NH-D15 is worth a look if you don't mind the colour of the fans.

Pump most likely died. This is why I prefer air coolers. 

#NoctuaNH-D15MasterRace <3

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Well while we are discussing alternatives for the cooling is hyper 212 evo an option? While i wait for the RMA or maybe for long term?

Well while we are discussing alternatives for the cooling is hyper 212 evo an option? While i wait for the RMA or maybe for long term?

The hyper 212 is decent. It won't be able to handle extreme overclocks but it can easily handle moderate overclocks. It depends on how far you want to push your cpu.

30.00 to keep using your system while you rma your cooler is a reasonable price I'd say, especially since you'll have a decent back up cooler for future issues if they occur

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Sometimes they do just die. If you've not had it long, you can RMA your H100i without too much of a problem. If you want an air cooler instead, the Noctua NH-D15 is worth a look if you don't mind the colour of the fans.

#NoctuaNH-D15MasterRace <3

YESH

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540