Window 8 PRO Upgrade Pack Only valid for one activation?

sze_nian
Go to solution Solved by Chris is awesome,

I have reinstalled my upgrade version twice and it has worked fine just have to enter the activation key again.

Hi guys, today i grab myself a copy of Window 8 PRO Upgrade Pack. And i heard that it only valid for one activation, is it true?

Because my worry would be if i had OS operating failure or any hardware dead, i will need to reinstall the OS.

Any one can confirm with me? Thanks!

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

1 Licence. Not 1 activation. If you have to re-install and it doesn't work call MS and they'll fix it. 

I believe the Upgrade is tied to the original Licence.

Much like a windows version upgrade e.g. windows vista > Windows 7. or Windows 7 > Windows 8.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

1 Licence. Not 1 activation. If you have to re-install and it doesn't work call MS and they'll fix it. 

I believe the Upgrade is tied to the original Licence.

Much like a windows version upgrade e.g. windows vista > Windows 7. or Windows 7 > Windows 8.

Thanks for the reply. Actually i install the WIndow 8 PRO upgrade pack n run it as a Clean install =x

so meaning i still can use the same key to reformat/install os if my current system got anything runs wrong?

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Thanks for the reply. Actually i install the WIndow 8 PRO upgrade pack n run it as a Clean install =x

so meaning i still can use the same key to reformat/install os if my current system got anything runs wrong?

They shouldn't be asking you for a key if you need to reformat or install clean os. I believe. Just pop in the disc and press clean install of windows.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

Just go to charm click settings click change PC settings click reset this PC.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

They shouldn't be asking you for a key if you need to reformat or install clean os. I believe. Just pop in the disc and press clean install of windows.

Just go to charm click settings click change PC settings click reset this PC.

Thanks Guys, because i lazy to create recovery. =)

My 2013 First Build