Case Fan Comparison

jaffacakes

I've made a small chart between some of the fans I think are mostly worth the money.
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vngnz8Kf__guflcqg_9PmJAoEd3J4cmr0dH5TSZM19c/edit?usp=sharing

I'm looking forward to buying another fan in a few days.

Price: Not a big problem
I would like them to have a good airflow, without compromising silence too much. They probably won't be running at full speed, since I don't see the needs.

What do you recommend? (fans listed in chart)

Cheers.

Have you have any personal experience with the stock case fans yet?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Have you have any personal experience with the stock case fans yet?

I'm currently using them now (140mm front-panel intake, in front of the HDD cage, 120mm as rear exhaust) and an additional AF140 as another front intake, but I'm not really happy with the temps (I used to have the AF140 as an intake on the top panel, nearly touching my CPU radiator -Thermalright Macho, acting nearly as a second fan on it; problem was the GPU was getting lots of hot air).

So I would like to get a fan with better airflow, with the acoustical noise as high as the AF140. Maybe the Cryorig XF140 is a sweet spot? I would love to get the NF-A14, but it'll really stand out in the case (I've got a windowed case).

I'll probably leave out the Cougar CF-V14H, Silent Wings 2, and the AF140 since they are a little expensive (would stretch my budget for a Noctua, since it'll probably be worth it).

And yes, I'm overreacting for a fan. :P

I just completed 2x builds for customers using AeroCool DS 140's. They seem to be amazing fans and I'm quite surprised how quiet they were for how much air they were moving. The specs for them are (copied from Newegg.com but AeroCools website shows the same specs)

• 140mm
  • 1500 RPM+/-10% (12V)
  • 1100 RPM+/-10% (7V)
  • 93.4 CFM (138.1 m³/h) (12V)
  • 71.2 CFM (105.9 m³/h) (7V)
  • Fluid Dynamic
  • 23.4 dBA (12V)
  • 15.5 dBA (7V)
  • *edit* (Newegg didn't list this spec) Pressure 1.98 mm/H2O @12v and 1.41 mm/H20 @7v
  • *added* The 120mm version has a higher Static Pressure rating

I was planning on getting some Noctua NF-12F's in the near future but hate the color. I would definitely look into these fans. I don't know what all regions of the world they are sold in, but hopefully a store carries them nearby so you can hear how quiet they are, how much airflow they have and how much pressure they generate for yourself. I'll tell you I've made up my mind to switch to these over the Noctua's after these 2x recent builds. (I'll be getting the 120mm version however)

I'm currently using them now (140mm front-panel intake, in front of the HDD cage, 120mm as rear exhaust) and an additional AF140 as another front intake, but I'm not really happy with the temps (I used to have the AF140 as an intake on the top panel, nearly touching my CPU radiator -Thermalright Macho, acting nearly as a second fan on it; problem was the GPU was getting lots of hot air).

So I would like to get a fan with better airflow, with the acoustical noise as high as the AF140. Maybe the Cryorig XF140 is a sweet spot? I would love to get the NF-A14, but it'll really stand out in the case (I've got a windowed case).

I'll probably leave out the Cougar CF-V14H, Silent Wings 2, and the AF140 since they are a little expensive (would stretch my budget for a Noctua, since it'll probably be worth it).

And yes, I'm overreacting for a fan. :P

Temps would probably be better if the top fan was an exhaust. You might want to try flipping that around first.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Temps would probably be better if the top fan was an exhaust. You might want to try flipping that around first.

The amount of air being exhausted would be higher than the one entering the case. So having two fans in front as intakes (current setup), is better for general airflow. I'm thinking of getting a new fan with a high-ish airflow at front, and moving the stock intake 140mm fan as an exhaust fan on the top, so that more air comes in than out (would benefit GPU too).