Trying to decide a new keyboard and mouse.

Korindo

So im shopping for a new keyboard and mouse for a reason, not just because i can.

I'm currently using a Razer blackwidow ultimate (cherry MX blue) and i love the tactical feel of the blues, but i live with housemates and I like to play games all night and its just to loud. Im seriously considering a Ducky Shine 3 with cherry browns since they just came into stock at pccasegear.com. However im a pretty heavy fingered typer and i often bottom out the keys so id think i would do an o-ring mod on it (just the small 0.2mm rings so i dont affect the travel distance much). Or i was thinking of doing a customer WASD keyboard (only downer for that is no LED backlight [which is good for late night gaming] and the shipping costs to Australia are INSANE). 

I have considered the logitech G710+ but i've rulled it out because i tried a friends one and i just dont like the feel of that keyboard for some reason.

Any other suggestions or votes for which ever keyboard.

Now a mouse... My razer mumba i had has just died as of this morning... (damn it...) however i'm kinda moving away from Razer as im trying more and more different things. What sucks is that in Cairns there is bugger all good PC shops in the area that actually stock stuff like gaming peripherals and my local store do not have much to say the least. I do like wireless mice but i'd go wired if its a good one. I cant really comment on looking at different mice, but i'd like to have suggestions please :)

(also its my birthday as of today, so anything i order i will consider a birthday present to myself)

Thanks ladies and gents

Regards,

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Coolermaster Quickfire rapid with browns, if u feel u bottom out just get some o rings. Then for a mouse get ant logitech mouse you find comfortable. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

If you didn't like the G710+, then I don't think you'd like it when you put o rings on another board. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

If you didn't like the G710+, then I don't think you'd like it when you put o rings on another board. 

ive used a another friends older ducky with an o-ring and i didnt mind it, Its just he uses reds so id go browns. Its just im not a fan of the G710+ for a reason i cant quite put my finger on

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

ive used a another friends older ducky with an o-ring and i didnt mind it, Its just he uses reds so id go browns. Its just im not a fan of the G710+ for a reason i cant quite put my finger on

MX reds are linear and in my opinion, o rings always go better with linear switches. Every MX brown with o rings will feel the same or similar to the G710+. 

The Shine 3 with browns is an excellent choice and I'd try it without o rings first. If you don't like it, then get the o rings. Good luck with choosing! :)

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The Shine 3 with browns is an excellent choice and I'd try it without o rings first. If you don't like it, then get the o rings. Good luck with choosing! :)

Thanks man, I think the Shine 3 is the way to go, ill take that advice and not do o-rings straight out the gate.  :D

~~Korindo~~

I'm a rather heavy handed typist myself, I've never failed to bottom out on each and every stroke, and regardless of switch types, as long as it doesn't have O-rings, there will always be a thock/clack when the bottom of the key cap strikes the base of the switch/plate. It happens with all the switch types I've tried from Red to Black to Brown to Blue to Green, it's only the latter two that have the additional 'click'. In fact, the quietest switch I've tried so far is Topre hybrid dome/spring capacitive switch, and between my Topre RF and HHKB Pro 2, the RF is quieter. On Cherry MX switches, the 'thock/clack' generated when the key bottom out is sharp and relatively loud. On the Topre, especially my RF, this thock is dampened to some extend due to the switch design and the metal plate which doesn't resonate like those on the HHKB Pro 2, a fair bit quieter than any Cherry switches. Topre can be used for gaming, but isn't cheap and isn't for everyone.....some love it instantly (like me), while others hate it just as quickly. And there are some who, after a period of adjustment, fall in love with it.

IF you get the Shine 3 with Brown, do expect some noise due to your typing style, and to me, adding O-rings would resolve some of the noise issue, but would take away the 'feel' of the Brown switch. Yes, it dampens the sound but makes the mechanical switch feel like a dome switch......imo that is.

As for mouse, what grip type are you? Claw, Fingertip? Palm? Also, what sort of games are you into? Regardless, my usual recommendations are as follow:

Cooler Master Storm Spawn, Roccat Kone Pure Optical, Logitech G400s, Razer DA 2013....these would be good starting points.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

As for mouse, what grip type are you? Claw, Fingertip? Palm? Also, what sort of games are you into? Regardless, my usual recommendations are as follow:

Cooler Master Storm Spawn, Roccat Kone Pure Optical, Logitech G400s, Razer DA 2013....these would be good starting points.

Thanks for all you're words man, im personally a palm grip user. I did look at the corsair M95 but it looks kinda small from the pictures so i cant compare. 

~~Korindo~~

Just as an update to the choice i made... I order a Ducky Shine 3 (Cherry MX Brown) with blue LED. and I also got the Mionix Naos 8200.

I know everyone's high level of opinions of the Ducky keyboards. And i also did some research into the Mionix and a few reviewers seem to like and it looks like it'll be a good ergonomic fit for me after watching where Linus and Slick both positioned their hands on it and im in the middle between them by the look of all different comparisons.

They both should be arriving today so a review might be on the way.

~~Korindo~~