Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

squigy7

I bought this monitor recently and noticed that when I overclock the monitor refresh rate to 165Hz in the OSD my games default to 120Hz with no higher setting visible. However, when I set it at 144Hz in the OSD it reverts back to 144Hz in all games. I have the latest driver installed on everything, so could this be a firmware issue that Asus needs to fix or do games just not support this refresh rate or did Asus lie about this spec...

did you also change it in Nvidia Control panel?  what card are you using?  apparently you need a gtx 960 or above for 165hz

I bought this monitor recently and noticed that when I overclock the monitor refresh rate to 165Hz in the OSD my games default to 120Hz with no higher setting visible. However, when I set it at 144Hz in the OSD it reverts back to 144Hz in all games. I have the latest driver installed on everything, so could this be a firmware issue that Asus needs to fix or do games just not support this refresh rate or did Asus lie about this spec...

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

I have a Titan Black 6GB and yes I checked the control panel and 165Hz was not an option listed in the drop down menu.

I have a Titan Black 6GB and yes I checked the control panel and 165Hz was not an option listed in the drop down menu.

dont use 165hz

use 144hz

according to tftcentral review

144 is better because 165 has more input lag i think

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

titan black is serie 700 , can't do 165hz , GG

now you need to drop 2000$ for SLI setup to do 165hz because that's why you bought this monitor! isn't nvidia beautiful

It runs fine at 144Hz, but building a new water cooled rig that will handle the 165Hz when I go SLI. I just wanted to make sure the 165Hz actually works somehow.

When i had that monitor it worked fine in 165hz  but had to send back due to shitty quality control 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

• 3 weeks later...

I got lucky my monitor has no dead pixels and a barely noticeable backlight bleed. This monitor is the best if you can't afford the 34'' X34 Predator, which one day I will purchase after I send my kid to college maybe....