Sort of losing my mind, please help *Long story*

Dingo1489

It all started when I bought this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009C3M7H0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Everything was great except I was running a dual display with a monitor that was 1080p so when I was able to afford it, I bought another one of these. Awesome for a few days til I noticed a single dead pixel on the upper right hand part of screen.

Well shoot. So I order a replacement, set it back up. Same thing.

Well shoot again. Order another replacement, sent the first one back. Set up the new new one. Same thing, dead pixel on upper right

Order another replacement. Same issue.

At this point, I'm think there's a bad batch of these over at Amazon and I really wanted a second monitor that could do 2k resolutions, so after getting on the phone with Amazon, they agreed to refund that third ASUS monitor and got me a few bucks off and free shipping off of this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UPVXDA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Just came yesterday. With it being better, obviously it's what I want to be my main display, so I take the displayport cable from the Asus (The very first one that had no issues up to this point.), move it to the Acer and use a DVI for the Asus. Lo and behold, there's a dead pixel on the upper right hand of the Asus screen. Only I guess it's not a dead pixel.

Switching DVI cables and ports don't seem to make it go away. Other input meathods like HDMI and Displayport don't matter.

What I've discovered though is that when I have a single monitor hooked up, the "dead pixel" shows up in the same spot, even on this new acer. But when I switch to dual displays, the "dead pixel" shows up on the upper right hand corner of the second display (the one not set to main display.)

On top of all of this, the Acer I just got seems to be having some color issues. Side by side with the Asus that work, the colors appear to have a yellowish tinge that I can't seem to get rid of. This might be a separate issue, but I may as well list in this sad, sad post.

Suffice it to say, I have no clue what's going on other then there's a chance there was nothing wrong with any of the monitors (except the acer with the yellow problem). But why a problem with the pixel, display and input be damned? Could it be my video card? A windows setting? Something I'm not thinking of?

All I want is dual 2k monitors. I'll gladly send this Acer back if there's something wrong with it, but geez. This sucks. I'll list a few specs, the one's that might be important, but please ask if you need some other piece of information.

GPU: GTX 780 ti

CPU: i5-4690k

RAM: 16gb

Thanks in advance to those who help me with my plight. :)

Does it do it with integrated graphics?

Havent tried that, how would I even try that with the card still there. Do I have to take it out?

I'm really frustrated, mostly with myself, cause notice different things now.

The "Dead Pixel" only seems to on my desktop wallpapers. Running a game or placing something over it like a web browser, game launcher etc. makes it go away. 

Mind you, I only keep calling it a dead pixel cause I don't know what else to call it. It seems more like it's part of whatever picture my desktop wallpaper is and I don't even know how that can even happen.

And truthfully, it's not there when it matter, likes games and what not, just strictly on the desktop wallpapers. I might be able to live with that.

I don't know why I'm doing this now. I'm tired and should have been asleep hours ago, but this just bothers me. Going to bed. I think I'd be more happy with a reason/solution as to why the Acer monitor has a piss colored filter on it.

Thanks again. :)

This probably isn't it as I'm sure you'd have checked, but is the dead pixel just on the desktop background image?  

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

I'm really frustrated, mostly with myself, cause notice different things now.

The "Dead Pixel" only seems to on my desktop wallpapers. Running a game or placing something over it like a web browser, game launcher etc. makes it go away. 

Mind you, I only keep calling it a dead pixel cause I don't know what else to call it. It seems more like it's part of whatever picture my desktop wallpaper is and I don't even know how that can even happen.

And truthfully, it's not there when it matter, likes games and what not, just strictly on the desktop wallpapers. I might be able to live with that.

I don't know why I'm doing this now. I'm tired and should have been asleep hours ago, but this just bothers me. Going to bed. I think I'd be more happy with a reason/solution as to why the Acer monitor has a piss colored filter on it.

Thanks again. :)

Oh, lol, thats not what I meant (thought the desktop image file might have a odd pixel).

Is it happening with any image? If so, that weird. 

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman