A question to those who oc'd their monitors

IMPERIUS

Hey guys

I'm really tempted to do an oc on my monitor (LG 25um65- 60hz)

I want to do a small/ decent oc to about 70, maybe 75 if it will allow me.

So I read that ocing your monitor will worsen the gamma, darken the screen and tearing may appear.

Did any of you experience especially tearing? And if I reset my oc, back to 60hz, will the screen get back the lost gamma and screen brightness or will the ocing permanently damage the screen?

And what oc should I aim for? Is it really that dependent on the monitor or is it a fair assumption that a modern monitor should hit 70hz, like its expected for intel k cpus to (most of them) hit 4ghz?

Also any tips, advice, thoughts are appreciated

Thanks!

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

tearing becomes awful, at least for my RL2555HM, and IMo it didn't evne make a difference

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Mine only goes up to 65 but your mileage may vary.

70 and 75 are solid marks to aim for. But i have no idea about damage...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

tearing becomes awful, at least for my RL2555HM, and IMo it didn't evne make a difference

Did it stop when you reset the oc?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Did it stop when you reset the oc?

yeah, everything was fine after

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I only made it to 67hz on my old dells. They were darker and colors weren't as good but i didn't notice any tearing. As soon as i put them back to 60 they would return to normal but i never oc'd them long term. I'm sure damage is possible especially if pushed to the limit long term.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q