GPU for Battlefield 4

MrSufyaan

Looking to upgrade my gpu, currently HD6850, for Battlefield 4 and need a card that can run it at ultra 1080p with no issues.

Budget around £200-£300

Lower the price the better!

Any suggestions?

search good and wait for sales, go for HD7970 and overclock it then or GTX770

9XXX series will probably be very optimised for BF4 but right now probably a 7950 or 7970.

this!

Wait for the game to get benchmarked by reputable publications and then buy a GPU to run BF4. Otherwise their is no need to speculate cause we don't know.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

9XXX series will probably be very optimised for BF4 but right now probably a 7950 or 7970.

But if you dont want to wait for the new 9XXX series, then a 770/760 will be a good choice.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

But if you dont want to wait for the new 9XXX series, then a 770/760 will be a good choice.

vs a 7950 or a 7970 nope.

Wait for Maxwell

Maxwell.... is that the name of your unilioncorn profile picture?

BF4 is a gaming evolved title, so if BF4 is all you care about wait for the 9000 series. Also, AMD has a never settle bundle which allows you to choose which games you want, and I can almost guarantee that BF4 will be on the list of games when it comes out, so you can potentially get the game for free (and a few other games depending on if you choose 9900/9800/9700 cards.)

vs a 7950 or a 7970 nope.

I just dont think its the right time for buying amd gpu's 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I just dont think its the right time for buying amd gpu's 

that is why you wait :3 

that is why you wait :3 

You can always wait but it's not smart cause something new is always around the corner in the PC hardware world. AMD has some great deals going down right now and they will still be great even if say a 9750 comes out at the current price of a 7970 and you bet they will have similar performance and price.

wait for 9XXX series

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

you forgot CoolBeans :)

I beat him to it, lol!

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

You can always wait but it's not smart cause something new is always around the corner in the PC hardware world. AMD has some great deals going down right now and they will still be great even if say a 9750 comes out at the current price of a 7970 and you bet they will have similar performance and price.

its not a good idea to buy a card now with the new ones coming very soon and at the same price most likely...

its not a good idea to buy a card now with the new ones coming very soon and at the same price most likely...

As I said the 9750 will be priced around the same as the HD 7970 and they will perform the same and come with the same choice of 3 gaMES. My point is you can always wait but it will never be a huge revolution just a small step that you have to pay more for.

As I said the 9750 will be priced around the same as the HD 7970 and they will perform the same and come with the same choice of 3 gaMES. My point is you can always wait but it will never be a huge revolution just a small step that you have to pay more for.

a 9950 from the leaks will be a huge leap compared to the 7950 its a completely new architecture not a rehash. 

a 9950 from the leaks will be a huge leap compared to the 7950 its a completely new architecture not a rehash. 

It never is a huge leap in performance unless you are going from say an HD 7850 to an HD 9950 or you wait for 2 generations or more to upgrade.